Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 More Kits NOW WITH THEIR MAMA...MORE PICS POST #26 AND 27

3 More Kits NOW WITH THEIR MAMA...MORE PICS POST #26 AND 27

So, it is happening early this year in Illinois!! A lady called me saying she and her neighbor found 3 kittens in her neighbor's garage. She said that when they found the kittens the mom was there but ran off. I told her she should have tried to trap the mama first, then get the kittens to keep them together as a family because these babies really need their mama's milk. They had already took the babies and mama was long gone. The lady set up a trap for mama in hopes to catch her so I can reunite her with her kits. They are about 2 wks old. Their eyes seemed to just have opened a day or two ago. They are nice sized with fat little bellies! They are drinking formula from a syringe, no nipple yet. Hopefully they will take to it soon. They are all girls...and have no names yet. I am so bad at names, so any suggestions are welcome!!

Here they are!!

You can see that their eyes just opened. This girl was still working on her right eye when the lady brought her to us.

Black Female (see the white tip on her tail...too cute!) She is the tiniest of the three.

Tortie Female...she is the biggest of the three.

Black and White Female, after first feeding with us.

I just love this lil' girl's tail and toesies!!

Big girl stretching out for a nap!!

Gettin' comfy!!

The sisters after a good flea bath and feeding! Resting comfortably in a large cat carrier with a heating pad!!

I will keep you all updated.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 04-26-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add pictures

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

The kittens sure are adorable. Thanks for being able to take them in and give them the care that they need. Hopefully some one will be able to trap the mother cat. I'm not sure what you should name them but I'm sure you or some one else will think of something.

Oh, they're all so adorable! Thank you for taking such good care of them. I don't usually offer names; I let them earn their names. Good luck w/that and keep us posted. How sweet they are!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How 'bout Marsha, Jan, & Cindy?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank You, Michelle!!!

They Certainly Are Sweet. I Would Try The Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food When They Can Handle Kibble As We Have Found It To Be Excellent And Its Good For Older Cats Too Who Are Recovering From Tooth Loss.
    What Sweet Little Cats Of The Future.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by KittyCrazy
    How 'bout Marsha, Jan, & Cindy?
    HEHEHEHE

They are all so sweet.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Re

Oh aren't they cute! I wish I could be there and hold them. Thanks for taking these very cute babies in !

Oh, they are so precious! I'm so glad the lady called you instead of trying to wing it herself! Too bad she let mom get away though.

What is it about all these black & whites and girls? Check my update on Rosie and her babies!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Just a quick update.....the lady trapped the mama and we have her here with her babies. She is nursing them and taking good care of them, but she is very feral. She hisses everytime I clean out her cage and give her food. She is a biter too. Dave was wearing welding gloves to get her out of the trap and she bit right through them, did not break the skin though. I am hoping she calms down enough to get her spayed and possibly a home. If not, we will spay and release her back by the lady's house. I have pictures and will download and post them tomorrow. Just wanted to update you guys.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I am so GLAD the mama was found. I really hope she begins to realize that she is safe and you two are not monsters...she sounds pretty wild though.

It will be interesting, though, when you start socializing the kittens and playing with them with a string or something - I wonder if she will follow that with interest?

PT Prayers that Mama cat calms down and knows how nice it is to be loved.

(PS...would a small rag with a shot of Feliway on it near her in the cage harm her while lactating? Maybe check with the vet)

Thanks for helping this wee fur family!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the mother cat was caught and that now she's nursing her babies. Hopefully she'll calm down and realize that you're only trying to help her and her babies. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Those three babies are truly beautiful and good on you for looking after them for mum while she was gone. I am really pleased to hear that she is back with her brood and hopefully it won't take too long for her to settle down and get used to you and the welding-glove-wearing super husband of yours.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity, and all the best with the little ones. (Can't wait to see how they're growing!)
    Watch out over the coming months for my brand new website: www.vetnurse.co.nz - currently being constructed (nothing there ATM!) - will update when I can

Heavenly Pet Care

Don't make someone else pick up your litter - have your cats/dogs/rabbits desexed!!!

Yay! I've been boo'd!

Good to hear that Mama was found but I'm sorry that she isn't responding (yet) to your kindness. As you know, sometimes it's just that way and we have to spay them and turn them back out. If that should happen, at least she won't get pregnant again and you can breathe a sigh of relief there. But who knows, she may come around. Stranger things have happened. I have a couple of ex-ferals and you'd never know it now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so glad the mom was found and she can be with her babies.

It's tough when they are feral like that but hopefully she will calm down.

Bless you for helping this family.

Melissa

Great job!!! Glad the whole family is together. As far as mama being feral, once they are old enough to be weaned, you'll have to seperate them from mama so you can socialize them all. But you KNEW that!!!!!

You are a true kitty angel, Reachoutrescue!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!