Thread: Lets see your living room

Lets see your living room

This is ours.

Everything in it were handed down to us from our families/friends, except for the T.V. (My husband works for Sharp, so we got a nice emloyee discount ). The sofa was from my mother-in-law, the coffee table, end table and TV stand were bought from craigslist.. the curtains were a gift from my aunts, the painting was collecting dust in my uncle's garage so I asked him for it lol. The silk flowers were collected from the swapmeet and arranged by me , the two small tables next to the T.V. were made from scratch by my husband.. The Cross was a gift from my friend sent to me all the way from Vietnam! It's a piece of our homeland that we have with us - in the most prominent space of our home.

Now please share yours

Thanks ~Jessie~

I will have to upload a pic of mine, just wanted to say I love your sofas!

They looks so classy and elegant, I wish I could have light coloured sofas but I doubt it will ever be, unless the living room because anti-dog.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    I will have to upload a pic of mine, just wanted to say I love your sofas!

They looks so classy and elegant, I wish I could have light coloured sofas but I doubt it will ever be, unless the living room because anti-dog.
    The 3Ms are not allowed on furniture, unless I sit on the sofa and they're invited to sit on me lol!

Thanks ~Jessie~

Uuuuummmmmmm...

Yeah. I really don't spend much time at all there. Yes, those are snakes stacked up. They're my dad's, just garters and cornsnakes.

Niño & Eliza

Here's mine. Sorry for the horrible reflections all over. The Raiders blanket you can see in the bottom left corner stays on the lounge part of the sectional and that's the only area Zoee is allowed on. Also, the other part of the couch is a pull-out bed. Not very comfortable, but it works for short visits.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The view from the dining room/kitchen. The fish above the doorway belonged to my late grandmum(it was caught about 17 years ago) and means a lot to all of the family. Its a family tradition to keep it above a doorway; it kind of serves like a good luck charm. :-) And of course you see Skylar by the door, Khaith in the middle of the room, and Marzy in one of the recliners.

The view from the hallway. Again, you can see Khaith and Marzy. And there is my good ol' mandolin on top of the entertainment center. I also have an antique archtop laying around in one of the corners of the room, but it didn't wind up in any of the pictures.

And a typical view of the couch. Excuse the mess; I have been sick all week and have spent the majority of my time sleeping away the day on the couch, hence the pillows and throw. The white blob on the upper part of the couch is Kayla, on the left of the couch is Marzy, on the right is Ethan, and Skylar is the pup looking oh-so-pitiful on the floor.

We aren't quite done with the living room. I know, it looks pretty bleh right now. We plan on ditching the entertainment center for a less-bulky one when we buy a new flatscreen soon. A large painting will be slapped up on the wall somewhere and Greggory(my oscar fish)'s tank will be moved back in here once we re-arrange the furniture again. Haha, needless to say, we still have a lot to do.

Oh, and our dogs and cats are allowed on all of the furniture, hence the makeshift recliner and couch covers. They get washed and changed out daily.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

My living room/studio while my last few months here at Ohio State:

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Here's my living room.

I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

How fun! I love seeing other people's homes! So many nice things in everyone's home! Thanks for sharing!

Here are a few shots of my living room. I have recently re-decorated again. I hope someone will start a Christmas home decor thread soon too!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Love that wall color, Kim. I painted our family room and master bedroom in our old house a very similar color. We're still in off-white walls mode since we moved in down here, though.

since I live with my parents right now i'll show you theirs

this is part of it...i dont have any good pics so i'll try to get those later...

they plan on getting a bigger TV and a real entertainment center..the tv in the pic is actually mine.
    the china cabinet was my grandparents and they plan on giving that to one of my brothers and bringing in the one my dad's father made

its pretty chaotic most of the time lol

kim, where did you get that mirror? my bedroom, faces north and east is rather dark, so i want to maximize the light by reflecting what i can. i already replaced the dark closet sliding doors with mirrors, but i'm thinking mirrors, of various sizes and shapes, safely and securly mounted to the wall above the bed would help alot. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...om92408023.jpg
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Kim, your house looks different every time I see a picture and every time I love it! Gorgeous!!!! Please come and help me.

From Decker with Love

It wasn't long ago that I was at Kim's house and it is already different. LOL I read an old thread awhile ago where she was asking for suggestions about recorating too. My big question is how she can get pictures without having one furkid in them! LOL