Thread: I Need to Ask You All a Question

Threaded View

I Need to Ask You All a Question

As you all know I lost my dear sweet Anika last month on Oct. 6th. Since then I think I've been trying to fill the void of her not being here with me anymore. I miss her so much at times and I sometimes hate going to bed because she isn't there with me anymore. She used to sleep in between my legs every night and sometimes I used to make her move but other times especially towards the end or what I thought might be I just enjoyed her sleeping there.

Well now to get to my real reason as to why I'm writing this thread to you all. About 2 weekends ago I was in at Petco on Saturday and as most of you know that's where the lady who I volunteer with show's cats on Saturdays.

I was with my sister and mom and we saw this one little girl, she was shy and of course the lady who I volunteer with Shirley said go ahead and pet her she needs the interaction so of course I couldn't refuse.

Well this girl made a special mark in my heart...I'm not sure if was her one eye looking at me but when we were talking about her she kept winking her eye and just looking so happy and I though aww she likes me. I realized though after I left that I couldn't have another 8th cat. With this past year and trying to afford vet care for Anika which you all were just so generous and I'm very thankful to you all so much for your donations. This past Friday night I received a call from Shirley asking if I spoke with my husband about the one eyed kitty and I told her I had (which I did but we both said that 7 was a pretty good number to stick at and well it was my first meeting with her so I wasn't too attached) and he got on the phone wanting to know what he was getting into and she told him about this one eyed kitty. So on Saturday we told her we would stop by and say hi to her and the kitty.

Of course on Saturday my husband and I stopped by Petco and she was just being adorable, a little shy but sweet and man she just kept looking at me and my heart of course was breaking. But my husband and I left and we talked about it and he said that we really shouldn't take in another one and I agreed and later that evening I went back there to get more pictures so I could update Shirley's petfinder website and I got several pictures of her and just broke my heart even more. She started to act like she was going to roll on her head but with her eye missing (her skin over where her eye used to be is stilling healing) and she couldn't do that so she just sat there and started winking her on eye at me and I had to get going so I left and my husband and I have been talking about her and he told me that if I felt really strong about her I could go get her but then I hesitate and yet I want her but at the same time it might be best for her to get a home with less cats.

I guess I just need to write this out even though I haven't come up with a decision yet but I do think about her and I just think about how happy she looked at me and maybe like I said earlier I'm just trying to fill a void that's in my heart right now from my Anika being gone. I've attached pictures of this one eyed cat they are calling her Patches.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 8 2008 (45).JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	40776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 8 2008 (49).JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	40777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 8 2008 (50).JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	40778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 8 2008 (51).JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	40779