Thread: Newest Resident of Willow Oak

Newest Resident of Willow Oak

Actually, Buster has lived at Willow Oak since before I bought the place. But, as was the case with Buddy before him, Buster roamed the woods freely and rarely allowed us the opportunity to see him up close. For four years I was aware of Buster, and during that time I always wondered if I would ever get
    close enough to Buster to see more than an orange blur.

Well, finally Buster decided to come out of seclusion and on July 20, 2009, Buddy presented himself to me right out at the pavilion behind the house.

"Mister, I figure it is time that you and I met. Howdy. My name is Buster. What is yours?"

And with that, Buster and I finally made our acquaintances.

See videos of Buster

Last edited by Willow Oak; 07-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Awwww! An owesome orangie! What a pretty boy he is!

Hello Buster....how are things in the woods these days?

What a pretty boy!

Buster is a handsome boy, alright.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So you've got a name now, Buster! You know what that means, don't you! You're fully accepted!

You have such a sweet face, but you've lost all of your teeth. Who knows when that happened. Perhaps you've belonged to family before and have been fixed too.

In any case, you seem very relaxed there at Willow Oak, like you know everyone. I think you've been hanging around for quite some time.

Buster, you know you have a friend in Copenhagen who looks a lot like you? His name is Fister. He says: Buster, it takes a little time to train humans, but you just do it the way I did, and you have it made!!
    Last edited by Randi; 07-22-2009 at 10:15 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh my what a gorgeous orange boy he is! I see he has the freckled nose too.

Wow, that was quick! I just saw that Buster has been to the vet. So he hadn't been fixed after all. I'm curious to know about his teeth - weren't they all out already?

I'm sure Buster will recover just fine in the bathroom, and I bet you can't wait to get home and see how he's doing. He'll probably want wet food the first couple of days.

Dan, don't you think it'll be safer to keep him in the pavillion for the first week?

All the best for a good recovery! Gentle kisses from auntie Randi... and welcome to PT, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Wow, that was quick! I just saw that Buster has been to the vet. So he hadn't been fixed after all. I'm curious to know about his teeth - weren't they all out already?

I'm sure Buster will recover just fine in the bathroom, and I bet you can't wait to get home and see how he's doing. He'll probably want wet food the first couple of days.

Dan, don't you think it'll be safer to keep him in the pavillion for the first week?

All the best for a good recovery! Gentle kisses from auntie Randi... and welcome to PT, sweetie!
    His teeth were in pretty bad shape. He is all better now, though. For now he will reside in a bathroom until the weekend at least. He had already managed to find himself getting along with the outside cats, so I shall release him over the weekend and hopefully he will continue to hang around.

I hugged him up good before I left for work this morning, but yesterday evening I spent a good bit of time with him. He has suddenly allowed me to hold him and pet him as if he and I have always done that. I checked him over really good, and he has numerous battle scars. Hopefully, his fighting days are over.

How is Buster doing today?

On the pictures you posted, it looked as if he didn't have any teeth left at all. It's great you can let him stay in the bathroom to recover. He may be angry with you for the first few days, but he will soon relax and mingle with the others.

When Fister was fixed, vaccinated and ear marked, they kept him for 4-5 days, then released him in the yard with his mother. They were both doing fine - and started coming closer to us.

Give him some kisses from me when you get home!