Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sad beyond words

sad beyond words

Can anyone in the western Pa. help me? I'll have to give up Marigold because I'll be moving into an assisted living facility where I'm not allowed to keep her. She is older and while she is good with me, I'm not sure how she'll react with other cats and people. When she gets afraid, unfortunately she'll snap at people. I'm tearing up at the thought of giving her up, but I have to. Help??

David, as I've said since the beginning, you will find a place where you and Marigold will be at peace together. You must insist she move with you - this is not negotiable.

David, I'm so sorry to hear this, but I hope there'll be a solution so you can keep Marigold.

Do you think it would help if all of us wrote letters/e-mails to the place you're going to live, to explain to them how important it is for you to keep Marigold?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post

... you will find a place where you and Marigold will be at peace together.

You must insist she move with you -
    this is not negotiable.
    David ~

* How many assisted living facilities did you check out?

* How did you decide to pick the one that won't allow Marigold to live with you?

* Are you going to continue looking for a Pet-Friendly facility?

David, we can help research, we can contact the facility - anything! This can't happen, you need to be together! Please let us know!

Maybe he's lost hope in keeping Marigold with him? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Maybe he's lost hope in keeping Marigold with him? I hope not.
    Lizbud, I'm afraid it's looking that way. I'm really sad now.

Bro i am confused i thought they were going to let Marigold come with you, you must try and see if they will allow it, let us your friends here help you, i am more than willing to send them an email on your behalf, let me know if you want me to, and i will,keep thinking positive matey,and fight for Marigold , she is your companion, and it sounds as though she might be a bit hard to re-home, fingers and all paws crossed for a good outcome,keep us posted,HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

David, is this the place???

If so, I think all of us who want to help you would phone or write to Concordia very respectfully regarding Marigold. I don't know how big your room is - but perhaps having a baby gate or something across your door to keep her from wandering the residence would help.

The fact that she has been with only you for such a long time is important for HER, as well as you. And - since she is an older cat - I don't know how to say this...but Concordia doesn't have to worry about Marigold being there for 20 years, if you know what I mean. I am sorry I couldn't say it better than that.

Both assisted facilities in my town each have a resident cat! Couldn't Concordia use a mascot?

I am sure a few of us could pitch in a bit and help with the small added expenses that accommodating Marigold would involve.

Concordia Lutheran Ministries
    615 North Pike Road
    Cabot, PA 16023

Admissions Representative
    (724) 352-1571 or
    (888) 352-1571 Toll Free
    (724) 352-2740 FAX
    www.concordialm.org
    EMAIL CONTACT FORM: http://www.concordialm.org/contact.php

I would even try a 'made up' address, ie: [email protected]
    [email protected]

I don't know if the TF # works from Canada. Does anyone here want to call and see if we can get a real email address?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

DAVID ~

PLEASE let us try to Help you ...
    but you have to help yourself, too.

When we ask a question or make a suggestion ...
    can you please answer or make a reply?

Here's three that I asked >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

* How many assisted living facilities did you check out?

* How did you decide to pick the one that won't allow Marigold to live with you?

* Are you going to continue looking for a Pet-Friendly facility?

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post

I'm really sad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post

I thought they were going to let Marigold come with you,
    you must try and see if they will allow it,

I am more than willing to send them an email on your behalf,
    let me know if you want me to ...
    DAVID ~

From personal experiences with both Retirement Villages and
    Assisted Living facilities ...
    when they have a written Policy against "pets" living with residents ...
    there's not much hope of them changing that policy.

BUT -
    There ARE facilities that DO allow pets - YOU just have to find one.

Another thought:

Check around for a "Private Home" - they're sorta lika a Bed & Breakfast -
    usually NOT "licensed" by any State agency ... so you have to be careful
    in selecting one; and you definately need a trusted family member or friend
    to keep a sharp eye on You AND the facility - to make sure you're getting
    safe and proper care.
    "Private Homes" are usually small - having only a few paying "residents",
    and don't advertise - you find them by word-of-mouth.
    Check with your Church.

PLEASE - keep us posted --- We're all trying to Help you!

LINKS TO LISTS OF PET-FRIENDLY ASSISTED LIVING IN PITTSBURGH.

(Don't let your family and friends rush you into the first available one!)

CHECK THIS FIRST
    This one, Ridgepointe, is in Pittsburgh; most Ridgepointe residences are pet-friendly. They say there may be a pet fee. We can help with that!
    http://ridgepointeassistedliving.com/

I was unable to link to the cost comparison sheet(which compares the cost of living in your own house with what is included in Ridgepointe's fees) and the Financial Solutions page. But ask!

These are the other Ridgepointe Assisted Living places in PA:
    http://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/...sp?SubnavID=10

This link seems to list mostly apartments; have someone go over it with you.
    http://fostercat.org/friendly.html

Of course, PTrs can check all these out, too!

David, there's no one in the Pgh. area that I can ask. All of my siblings except one have passed on and she doesn't know the Pgh. area at all or I'd ask her for info and help. I'll do whatever is suggested, whether it's writing letters or sending email or making phone calls but you have to point us in the right direction. Have you answered any of Phred's questions and/or taken his suggestion of looking into a private facility? Please update us.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Davidp,

You KNOW I would take her in an instant if my place wasn't so crowded. I researched the internet for pet friendly assisted living facilities and there aren't many around your area. There are some that will allow "visitation" of Marigold to your room. But none that allow pets to live with you.

That just plain sucks. If worse comes to worse, she can always go back to Cat Sense and they can bring her in for visits. Another thing I would suggest seeing if your doctor (therapist, etc.) will write a letter emphasizing how imperative and important it is for Marigold to stay with you. There HAS to be a solution to this. And don't allow Laurel or Hardy to talk you out of giving her up unless it's back to Cat Sense.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

David your sure pulling at my Heart Strings right now.. Fight for Marigold Fight for her.. As I aways say "Where There Is A Will = There Is Always A Way".. Please Do Not Go InTo Depression & Just Give Up On Her.. You Both Need Each Other..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

David - don't get sad, get ANGRY. FIGHT for spending your life with Marigold. It is YOUR life! YOU get to live it the way you want to.

Depression is like anger being turned backwards. Turn it out now and you will have the energy to do the best thing for you and Marigold!

If nothing else, PHONE RIDGEMONT. Tell whoever is taking you around that you want to see it NOW.