Thread: Prays Needed For Apollo at Vets - Sending Poo Sample Away Now *Update Post #17*

Hybrid View

Prays Needed For Apollo at Vets - Sending Poo Sample Away Now *Update Post #17*

I'm going to be calling the vets at 8 a.m. hopefully someone will be in by then if not at 8:30 a.m.

He was acting so strange last night I was so worried about him. He's been having a spell of the diaherra since I gave him his last worming dosage on Oct. 28th.

I figured the runs were normal but when I called the vets yesterday they told me I needed to start him on a bland diet so I went to the vets last night and purchased some I/D canfood and he ate almost all of 1 can of cat food.

So it was close to 10 p.m. and I went to bed and normally he will scratch at the door wanting in with me until I give up and go sleep on the couch until my husband gets home.

But Apollo didn't scratch at the door or anything which was weird and I figured he was just sleepy. About 2 a.m. or so my husband asked me if Apollo was sleeping alot tonight and I said a little bit but not too much.

So I went out to see Apollo and I picked him up and he felt pretty warm. I tried to give him some canfood and he wouldn't take any, we tried milk nothing, we even tried to give him some other food and he wasn't interested at all.

I started to get really worried so I took him temp and mine isn't very fast so when it got up to 103 he pulled out and then it beeped so I don't know if that's his temperature or not.

Then shortly after that he tried to go to the bathroom and he ended up throwing up liquid in his litter box.

This morning after being awake almost the rest of the night because I was so worried that something might happen to him.

I got up around 6:30 a.m. and he wanted to eat regular dry food not the canfood so I'm glad about that.

He still seemed warm to me and so I brought him into work with me but he seems to be acting better now.

I'm going to call the vets though and see if they will see him and see what to do.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct 10-11 2009 (5).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	44245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct 24 and 25 (7).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	44246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct 10-11 2009 (11).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	44247  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 11-16-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Thoughts and prayers for Apollo's speedy recovery.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hope it's just a temporary reaction to meds - prayers Apollo's OK!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Prayers for Apollo....
    Nine is Fine!!

This morning he is feeling ok I think, he was slightly warm but I think he's better.

Maybe I'm over reacting, well that's what one of my co-workers said but then again she doesn't understand my cats are like my childern.

I have to drop him off at the vets and they will call once they check him out. It's better to be safe than sorry.

It was just so weird how sick he acted last night and all he wanted while he was here at work was to be out of the cage.

Melissa

He seemed to be pretty sick last night, best to have him checked out. Prayers for Apollo that he's going to be just fine.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21