Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Marbles!

I hope some antibiotics will have Marbles feeling zoomy in no time! Is she gaining weight ok, or should she maybe have some AD food or something?

Prayers that she feels all better very soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

First, kudos on Miss Marbles!!! She is a beauty!!! How did the vet visit go???
    Nine is Fine!!

Congrats! She is BEAUTIFUL!!I do love the Torti's!Welcome Home Marbles i hope to see alot more of you Sweetie!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    5.5 lbs. of little Ms. Marbles. She got an antiobiotic shot and will start Amoxycillin tomorrow - the usual pink stuff. I've never heard a cat cough before - it shakes her whole little body. She sneezed in the vet's face and the vet was surprised that such a huge sneeze could come out of such a little kitten.

She was running around when I got home from work and had to stop because she started coughing - it was so sad!

She's eating a lot, peeing and pooping just fine, although I think I'm going to try and switch her food to something healtheir than the IAMS they had her on at the shelter - slowly, I know to go slowly. Perhaps Wellness? I don't know - Mitzi hated everything except Science Diet and Fancy Feast; I want Marbles to have a healthier, more grain-free diet.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd View Post
    Taking her to the vet late this afternoon - she's still sneezing, coughing and feeling VERY warm and not zooming (as much). She did bounce in and out of the tub this morning and is eating a lot! She needs to eat - she's SO scrawny!
    Oh, Marbles! I hope you get over your kitty cold very quickly. Please keep eating a lot. You sure are beautiful.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

5.5 lbs. of little Ms. Marbles. She got an antiobiotic shot and will start Amoxycillin tomorrow - the usual pink stuff. I've never heard a cat cough before - it shakes her whole little body. She sneezed in the vet's face and the vet was surprised that such a huge sneeze could come out of such a little kitten.

She was running around when I got home from work and had to stop because she started coughing - it was so sad!

She's eating a lot, peeing and pooping just fine, although I think I'm going to try and switch her food to something healtheir than the IAMS they had her on at the shelter - slowly, I know to go slowly. Perhaps Wellness? I don't know - Mitzi hated everything except Science Diet and Fancy Feast; I want Marbles to have a healthier, more grain-free diet.
    I hope that she'll stop coughing and sneezing soon and feel better. I'm glad to hear that she's eating and eliminating fine. I've been feeding all of my cats a grain free diet of Innova Evo both dry and canned and they love it. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

She's still coughing and sneezing, but a bit more active. I think I got a full dose of Amoxy down her this morning - the little wiggle worm! She sure is cute and loves to snuggle. Camera batteries are dead; I need to take more pics if she'll sit still for a few moments.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Congratulations and welcome home, Marbles!!!

She is absolutely adorable! I love her floofy tail - she almost looks like a fox in that last pic.

I can tell by your posts she has already brought much happiness to your home. I can "see" the smiles in your posts and I'm happy for you, and for Marbles. Hopefully as I catch up I'll see more posts from you with more pics!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

She's turning into a total, cuckoo, love bug. She crawled up onto me early this morning for a really sweet head bumpies, tail fluff, huggy, purry love session - she's very affectionate and loves to sleep on me. Not a problem now when she's only 5.5 lbs. .... I guess we'll deal with it when she gets bigger.

Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter - She does know the word "no" but, like all cats, on HER terms.

I do need to take and upload more pictures, but she's so hard to photograph because she moves so fast and her coloring photographs very dark.

I've stepped on her a few times because she does tend to blend in - poor dear is very resilient.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Oh my gosh she just takes my breath away, she is simply stunning, i am so partial to tortie girls, give her a big cuddle from me, welcome Marbles, cannot wait to hear all about you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh wow, Marbles is beautiful!!!! Congratulations on your new furbaby.

Her big fluffy tail definitely needs a name. My husband is who named my Rocky's tail Clubber. He said a tail that big needed a name and since it's Rocky he thought Clubber Lang from the Rocky movies was apropos.

From Decker with Love

Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter.
    Uh oh! Miss Marbles, that's maybe not such a good idea. Be careful up there sweety girl. Next time you have a love session with meowmy, please have her give you some kisses and hugs from me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yeah, the kitchen sink is now her new favorite place - boring, but she's enjoying it. Silly kitteh. Hugs? No way - she's pushing me away now because it's play time!

The tail is often called "The Plume! The Plume!" like what's-his-name on Fantasy Island saying "The Plane! The Plane!"

I love her LONG legs - one of her nicknames is Twiggy. Oh, and she has tufty toes! Little baby tuftie toes! They're SO cute. I'm trying to get pics.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

She's turning into a total, cuckoo, love bug. She crawled up onto me early this morning for a really sweet head bumpies, tail fluff, huggy, purry love session - she's very affectionate and loves to sleep on me. Not a problem now when she's only 5.5 lbs. .... I guess we'll deal with it when she gets bigger.

Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter - She does know the word "no" but, like all cats, on HER terms.

I do need to take and upload more pictures, but she's so hard to photograph because she moves so fast and her coloring photographs very dark.

I've stepped on her a few times because she does tend to blend in - poor dear is very resilient.
    I'm sure she'll do a lot of growing and before you know it she might even end up being a big girl like my Ziggy. Ziggy started out being a tiny widdle kitten and now I'm pretty sure that she outweighs all of my cats at about 15lbs or so. The only thing little about Ziggy is her tiny kittenish meow. Hopefully you'll be able to take some new pictures of Marbles soon.

I've taken pics, just haven't had time to upload them. I have a feeling she's going to be a BIG girl - she's VERY long. Right now I'm calling her my little sausage cat because when she stretches out, it's like one L O N G little kitteh sausage with a plume on the end

She's also finding her voice - right now just little chirps and small meows .... it's just a matter of time before she starts talking

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here