Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PT Gathering-2010

Starting to get a little closer...report in, please!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Is there a list of what we need to chip in with? I will volunteer Tanya to make her Chocolate Chip cookies. LOL

Anything else?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

No list yet; I'm waiting till after the Memorial Day part in Ohio to post the invite again and we'll solidify things then. Thanks!

​GO RAVENS!!

I don't know.. I thought I had a pet-sitting gig that day, but that has been cancelled, so I could theoretically take the time.

Money is very tight, though.. Some $400 in vet bills for my Sydney cat last week who I was afraid might be on death's door (doesn't seem to be after all, thank God!!!, but I still have these bills coming), and my car's 60K maintenance plus timing-belt replacement ($1000+) is later this week.

I'll see if I can somehow pull it together.. Sounds like it would be great fun, as well as a chance to meet several PetTalkers in person (and in Pinot's case, anyway, in purrson) for the first time.

I'd be driving from Ann Arbor (MI) to Chez Pinot. Ann Arbor is about 50 miles north of Toledo and I-80 or whatever. I've never made that particular trip before, so if anyone has any idea how long it might take or of any shortcuts, please let me know.

So, all I can say now is, probably not, but maybe...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I don't know.. I thought I had a pet-sitting gig that day, but that has been cancelled, so I could theoretically take the time.

Money is very tight, though.. Some $400 in vet bills for my Sydney cat last week who I was afraid might be on death's door (doesn't seem to be after all, thank God!!!, but I still have these bills coming), and my car's 60K maintenance plus timing-belt replacement ($1000+) is later this week.

I'll see if I can somehow pull it together.. Sounds like it would be great fun, as well as a chance to meet several PetTalkers in person (and in Pinot's case, anyway, in purrson) for the first time.

I'd be driving from Ann Arbor (MI) to Chez Pinot. Ann Arbor is about 50 miles north of Toledo and I-80 or whatever. I've never made that particular trip before, so if anyone has any idea how long it might take or of any shortcuts, please let me know.

So, all I can say now is, probably not, but maybe...
    Oooh-I hope so! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

​GO RAVENS!!

I sent Pat some links to help her figure out costs for gas and turnpike tolls.

We bought an EZPass, and will be using it on our trip to Virginia. It will work in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia. Wonderful invention!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I sent Pat some links to help her figure out costs for gas and turnpike tolls.

We bought an EZPass, and will be using it on our trip to Virginia. It will work in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia. Wonderful invention!!
    Thanks! Are you coming??

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Thanks! Are you coming??
    No. We're going to Virginia the 2nd week of June for our grandson's high school graduation.

This is the one who received recruiting letters from Harvard and Cornell. He'll be going to a small Catholic university near Pittsburgh with a full academic scholarship And he'll be playing Lacrosse.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Is there a list of what we need to chip in with? I will volunteer Tanya to make her Chocolate Chip cookies. LOL

Anything else?
    Please do...however, due to some mail snafu...there is a new address that she will need to mail them to, in Ohio, of all places. And, the hostess has requested that they be mailed ahead of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Please do...however, due to some mail snafu...there is a new address that she will need to mail them to, in Ohio, of all places. And, the hostess has requested that they be mailed ahead of time...

I do admire your spirit. LOL

They ARE really good though. This coming from a guy who consumes very little in the way of sweets. So come to the party if you want to try em'.

Pinot's Mom... Do I get bonus points from trying to rake in another vistor?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Pinot's Mom... Do I get bonus points from trying to rake in another vistor?
    Absolutely! Good job!!

​GO RAVENS!!

As of right now June 26th works for me (but who knows what life will through at you )

Just let me know what you would like me to bring

Hmmmmmm.... I'm not working this summer, so I have the whole of it to myself (well, Dave included of course). I think I'll be able to make it. Not sure about Dave and his work schedule, but definitely me!!!

I'll make anything you need. Cake? Apps?? Side dish??? Booze???? (I make some good home made Bailey's!).

I think we're up to 12 or 13 if all who've responded can make it! Anyone who needs further information, PM me - I figured we'd start the festivities around 2pm, start BBQing after everyone gets here.

We will provide the main dish (ie-stuff for the grill!) and beverages with some snacks. Please let me know what you would like to bring any category is fine - sides, desserts, snacks, and always booze is welcome . So far I have a four bean salad and chocolate chip cookies spoken for. Let's party at Pinot's Place!!

Maggie

​GO RAVENS!!

Had a great time last year....really wish I could come again!