Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What makes a dog bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Please, just stop. You mentioned how you left PT and moved on to "better" things. Then why must you still come back and cause problems?

It's sad really. I enjoyed seeing your animals, but now I am afraid to read your posts because I just know it's going to start some drama.
    I agree. It seems that BC only shows up when there is a possible controversy she can get into. If you don't like this board, move away from it 100%.

I wish I knew half as much about anything as you think you know about dogs. You never change. Your arrogance never waivers and your desire to argue never waivers.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Please, just stop. You mentioned how you left PT and moved on to "better" things. Then why must you still come back and cause problems?

It's sad really. I enjoyed seeing your animals, but now I am afraid to read your posts because I just know it's going to start some drama.
    I dont come back to cause problems not my fault people dont agree with what I say even if it is right.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post

Pomtzu does it makes you feel good that you come to any thread I post in and say I put everyone down.
    Are you jealous that I have more knowledge when it comes to dogs?
    If the shoe fits BC - then wear it. I guess it's comparable to your uncalled for comments in my thread - right???

It doesn't make me feel good to discredit anyone, and that's not the intention here. I just get tired of the know-it-alls sitting on their lofty throne and slinging crap at others who they feel are below them.

And me - jealous of you - for any reason - is totally ludicrous and laughable at the same time. And there you go again, saying you have more knowledge of dogs than I do??? And just what do you base that statement on??? Putting me down, are you??? Sure looks that way........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

And because of the Rotti and little dog you adopted then had pts.
    For the LAST TIME, they were NOT MY DOGS!!!!! I had no say in their fates
    Besides, the hate started MANY years before them, & I still have no idea where Bear(rottie) IS!! Like I said, NOT my dogs!

EDIT:
    & if you had been paying ANY attention to the THS & the posts I had about the the little dog, then you WOULD KNOW THAT THE LITTLE DOG WASN'T PUT DOWN!!!!

You claim to be educated, but you put blame where it doesn't belong. You should KNOW the Canadian Laws, & you should KNOW, I had no Rights in either of those Dogs fates. Maybe your not as educated as you think you are.

And people werent mad at you for raising feeder mice..it was the fact that you treated them like pets that was the sick part.
    They were mad at me for raising feeder Rats. I'm the one that got the hate mail about feeders & having predator pets.

The adults were cared for with Respect & NEVER became feeders! Some of the adults were more then breeders, they were pets. I didn't raise the babies as pets, as they weren't.. they were feeders, but I raised them with respect, like they deserved.. Just like our Cows, chickens & Pigs deserve! I refuse to lower myself like those farmers do, they are in it for the $$ only & have no issues pumping their livestock full of chemicals.. or allowing their live stock to walk on broken legs or sore feet.. I did my best to keep the feeders healthy & sane... There is no reason they should live in sheer terror & hell before becoming a meal.

I still believe in that too!

I dont come back to cause problems not my fault people dont agree with what I say even if it is right.
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your posts. The problem I have with your knowledge is how you deliver it. You always put the person down and speak rudely toward them. Like in this thread. Of course you went back and changed the original rude post.
    You want people to respect you and your information you want to share, yet you can't respect other peoples opinions or comments.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your posts. The problem I have with your knowledge is how you deliver it. You always put the person down and speak rudely toward them. Like in this thread. Of course you went back and changed the original rude post.
    You want people to respect you and your information you want to share, yet you can't respect other peoples opinions or comments.
    I agree 100%...

BC, you can't expect someone to listen to you if you are just going to be rude to them...
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

AMEN!
    You say you know everything about dogs. Well that's not true. You don't know everything, you probably don't realize how much you don't know! No one knows everything about anything!
    Like Cindy said, it's how you deliver it. You constantly put people down, and that is wrong.
    I've said before I don't like to get into these conflicts, but I've seen the effects of your posts....

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Having knowledge of dogs won't do any good if you have no people skills. People are the ones taking care of the dogs, if you have no skills to communicate with people you won't be helping any other dogs than your own.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Wow, this thread has gotten way off track since I first read it. But this post is plain ignorance. You mentioned people don't agree with you even it it is right, but all your posts are based on opinions. Who are you to judge the "structure" of a dog's life that you don't even know over the internet? and Who are you to say you know more about dogs than someone else you don't even know?? We all have different ways of training and living with dogs, and we all share opinions - but they are just that, OPINIONS. None of it is right or wrong. What works for you might not work for someone else. There are ways of teaching people without coming off as being rude.

You will not always be "right" in someone else's opinion and you don't know everything about dogs. You may know a decent amount but you don't know everything. Saying that just makes you look ignorant...

Oh and sorry if my dog PLAY bites hard that I'm not going to put him to sleep for it..that's way to radical in my opinion. Biting is different in every situation and with every dog. Biting isn't something to ignore, no, but it's not something to get totally crazy over the first time it happens. Biting isn't just biting, it's different in all cases. You can have a play bite, which my dog happens to do quite often and it does hurt, but he doesn't do it out of harm and he's easy to control and does know when to stop. You can have fear biting, aggression, etc. I think there are alternatives rather than putting a dog to sleep right away, I think that's a little to harsh unless it escalates much worse.
    Last edited by Alysser; 05-15-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    having knowledge of dogs won't do any good if you have no people skills. People are the ones taking care of the dogs, if you have no skills to communicate with people you won't be helping any other dogs than your own.
    +1
    Last edited by king2005; 05-15-2010 at 10:16 PM.

I think we all have disagreements, but I think when coming to disagreements we should all be civil towards one another. (not directed at anyone specifically)
    I've been following this thread and I think it's gotten a bit out of hand.... it's gotten to be way different then the thread originally started. I think if anyone has a problem with anyone else, PM each other or possibly block one another. No reason to get into useless bantering back and forth. I think many of us have said what needs to be said and the rest should be in PM, rather than taking over the OP.
    Pet Talk is a friendly place meant to enjoy each other and our pets and to learn. Let's keep it this way.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Buttercup, obviously you don't know everything... because you definitely don't know how to deal with the owners of dogs... which you will realize is a very important aspect of knowing about dogs. No one wants your help when they can't stand you. But good for you, thinking you know everything. I'm glad you have that much confidence in yourself.

EDITED TO ADD: I agree dab_20... I clicked on this post last night and was surprised by the responses... totally different than the topic.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    +1

I have terrible People Skills online (my thought process & typing don't mix well), not as bad as BC though, I'm not one to attack. But when I do my educational Speeches for the Rescue, I know how to draw a crowd & I can keep them there for my 10+ min speech. Then I start all over & keep repeating my self for 8hrs... My voice is mostly gone for the last 2 hrs, but even then I still have large crowds around me listening my dead voice lol

I think you usually come off pretty level headed.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Caseysmom, Thanks. I try to remain civil, even when I know my opinion isn't the norm, & might be right (to me anyways).

Agreed, sorry.. I edited my off topic posts... Will go through this thread to make sure I didn't miss any tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    I think we all have disagreements, but I think when coming to disagreements we should all be civil towards one another. (not directed at anyone specifically)
    I've been following this thread and I think it's gotten a bit out of hand.... it's gotten to be way different then the thread originally started. I think if anyone has a problem with anyone else, PM each other or possibly block one another. No reason to get into useless bantering back and forth. I think many of us have said what needs to be said and the rest should be in PM, rather than taking over the OP.
    Pet Talk is a friendly place meant to enjoy each other and our pets and to learn. Let's keep it this way.
    Agreed. I apologize for getting off topic. And I'm finished.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)