Thread: No, it wasn't me.

No, it wasn't me.

I usually frown on this kind of arsehattery, but lmao about this one.
    I like it.

Alhambra man suspected of cat-themed graffiti spree

ALHAMBRA -- Authorities arrested an Alhambra man Wednesday on suspicion of scrawling graffiti images of cats throughout the Los Angeles area.
    Rick Ordonez, 33, was booked on suspicion of felony vandalism, Los Angeles County sheriff's Detective Marlon Johnson said.

He is suspected of causing about $15,000 worth of damage to freeways, buildings and private property this year, the detective said. His drawings were mainly of cartoon cats, officials said.

Through informants and tips, officials identified Ordonez as a suspect in the vandalisms and arrested him without incident Wednesday at his home in the 200 block of Elm Street in Alhambra, Johnson said. Detectives first noticed the appearance of the cats at the beginning of the year.

Ordonez, a graphic designer and former skateboard shop owner who goes by the nickname "Atlas", is believed to belong to a Los Angeles-area tagging crew, though the investigation focused solely on him as an individual, Johnson said.

The detective said Ordonez kept cats as pets and described him as a "cat-lover." Officials said Ordonez was due in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday for arraignment. According to sheriff's booking records, Ordonez was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.

PHOTO: This image, provided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, shows cats allegedly drawn by Ordonez at the 10 Freeway and Ceasar Chaves Avenue. (Photographed in mid-April)

Oh my, great way to start my Saturday! Where do you FIND this stuff, Richard? LOL

There is some graffiti that is graffiti.
    But that is art, This is Art!
    I wish someone will spray paint Cats on the Buildings Of Hamilton
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Oh my, great way to start my Saturday! Where do you FIND this stuff, Richard? LOL
    I am a news junky and I LOVE a good story. I lieten to the radio too, I look up the stories that I like, then post them.

This one I found in the local news paper.

Gary,

Don't start spray painting buildings.

They throw people in jail for that.

I wont Richard.
    With a walker I am too slow and too old to escape!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'd much rather see drawings of cats, than all the horrible graffiti I see most places.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Those are GREAT! I hope some company makes him an offer he can't refuse. Ordonez - you couldn't buy publicity like this for a million dollars! Andale!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Not just cats, but well-drawn cats! WONDERFUL! Thank you, Mr. Ordonez.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Interesting story and he draws quite well too.

I live about 10 miles from Alhambra and I want to tell the city officials to leave this man alone! His "graffiti" is art, as Gary so wisely stated. C'mon L.A., give this man a job keeping the city BEAUTIFUL!! Pay him, don't charge him!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I live about 10 miles from Alhambra and I want to tell the city officials to leave this man alone! His "graffiti" is art, as Gary so wisely stated. C'mon L.A., give this man a job keeping the city BEAUTIFUL!! Pay him, don't charge him!
    Oh, please do, katladyd. Maybe you can attend their next city council meeting, arrange a demonstration around their city hall. Write to the local newspaper for the district. I bet a lot of people would agree with you and join in with you!

I think there is wall and overpass art in Ann Arbor that started out as graffiti or just sprayed on by graffiti-makers.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery