Looking Out My Back Door
By John Fogerty....

Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch.
Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singin',

Doo, doo, doo, Lookin' out my back door.

There's a giant doing cartwheels, a statue wearin' high heels.
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
A dinosaur Victrola list'ning to Buck Owens.
Do do do lookin out my back door

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?
Doo, doo doo.
Wond'rous apparition provided by magician.

-----------------

Bother me tomorrow, today, I'll buy no sorrows.

Doo, doo doo lookin out my back door

This is one of my favorite 'silly songs' of all time.

I never thought that it would come true for me. No, no giant doing cartwheels or statue wearing high heels either!

Saturday night I went to the kitchen to look to get a something to drink. I looked out my back door and saw a triangle shaped face in the cat's food.

Nope, not anyone I know!!!!!!

It's a giant frigging POSSUM. I look for the cats and don't see any....I was looking for something to scare him away and see a piece of cucumber in my compost bowl...I opened the door and winged it at him/her. She took off a running and I was up and down all night waiting to see if it came back....nope, no problem whatsoever!

Last night, Looking Out My Back Door?

I was in the bathroom and heard someone rooting around between the houses and went to look out the back door?

I see a Fracking Pit Bull and a rather large dog that I cannot tell What The Heck It Is, running around in the back yard.

Like WTF is this? A petting zoo?

They either they came in by busting thru the back fence or came in under the front gate. There is a 'sweeper' flap of metal attached to the underside of one of the gates to keep creatures out/in.

I opened the door to see if I could shoo them out and this stupid PB starts to bark at me like HE IS IN CHARGE.

I grabbed my pellet gun to defend myself and took a few more steps out side and the effer would not back down!!!!

So I decided to check for the cats- they were hiding on the top of the wood box and jumping onto the roof, so they were safe!

I decided not to mess with them until daylight and sure enough, they were gone.
I looked at the sweeper on the gate and it was pushed outward to the street, I fixed it and am ready to see who shows up tonight.

I think I would welcome that dinosaur Victrola after all the animals.

No Elephants or Tambourines tonight, please!