Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost Cat During Transport :( *WE GOT HER!!!!!!!!!! Left Leg Swollen Vet Appt. Sch.

Awesome news!!

Sent you a little $$ to help with the vet bills. I do the same thing you do but don't have the success that you have with placing them. The vet bills, food & litter expenses add up quickly! Like you, I do it with no financial help. The reward is happy, healthy, safe kitties! Priceless!

Mary & Crew

I am so happy for all of you! Now this lucky little kitty will get a safe, happy, home. Hooray!!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Yay, she is beautiful! All the kitties are beautiful! I hope they will go to wonderful, forever homes! I will paypal you, Melissa. Payday is next week.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you so much! It will def. help

So thank you...with having Nina's vet bill's and my own again...it's hard to rescue but sometimes we have to do it

I can't thank you all enough for your prays....it really makes this Thanksgiving just more perfect!

I spoke with Tammy on the phone just less than an hour ago and I just can't wait for my sister to see her and make sure it's really really her!!!

Depending when we can get her fixed, she may come up and stay with my mom at their house...I just can't take in another one too many already...

I'm just so excited and can't wait for my sister to send me some photos, I will be sure to post them up here

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Purr-tender View Post
    Awesome news!!

Sent you a little $$ to help with the vet bills. I do the same thing you do but don't have the success that you have with placing them. The vet bills, food & litter expenses add up quickly! Like you, I do it with no financial help. The reward is happy, healthy, safe kitties! Priceless!

Mary & Crew

Love a happy ending. I wish I could help Melissa, but right no I'm up to my eye balls with cats. I still have 26 in house.
    GILL & Crew;

Melissa, I just Paypal'd you and Paypal gave me the option of paying the transaction fee, which I really like. Please give the kitties some hugs from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    Love a happy ending. I wish I could help Melissa, but right no I'm up to my eye balls with cats. I still have 26 in house.
    John-

Don't be you have helped me out so much in the past and your happy thoughts are good enough

Thanks!
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Melissa, I just Paypal'd you and Paypal gave me the option of paying the transaction fee, which I really like. Please give the kitties some hugs from me!
    Thank you so much!

I had no idea you could do that, I will have to look into that in the future!

Thanks again,
    Melissa

Oh, HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Thank you, God, for keeping this little kitty safe and getting her back to the people who love her and will find her a home.

And thank you, Melissa, and Jennie too, for all you are doing to help this cat and so many others.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

EXCELLENT!! I can wait for pictures of the "one that got away!".

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    I think it's wrong that the rescue person yelled at you. You did great by doing everything you have so far. It's rescuers like that that make them look foolish and run people off. No wonder so many people stay away from rescues. I hope he/she gets off their high horse and starts being nice to others. That's very unprofessional. Keep us updated!
    I am very glad the kitten was found, and echo what others have said- transfer only in a closed vehicle. I would suspect the rescue worker had this thought in her head when she yelled at Melissa. I am sure she was mad at the situation, mostly.

When I do dog transports, the list from the coordinator is l.o.n.g. on the don'ts and does. I forget that others are doing this for the first time. Any time a dog gets loose, and it happens, it is usually because of a mistake that just didn't need to happen. Like leaving a dog in your car, with a door open. The dog sees freedom and chews through a lead. The crate isn't closed securely, the collar breaks, etc.

So, I know things happen, and I can only think the rescue worker was thinking of the kitten, and didn't mean to take it out on Melissa.

Great job, as usual, Melissa. You do so much for these guys.

Awesome news Melissa!!! So glad she is safe and sound!!!!

This is wonderful news. I hope she'll now find a wonderful loving forever home.

I'm glad there was a happy ending, Melissa. You sure do work hard in rescue; no one can fault you for that. Live and learn, right? All is well now, thankfully.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well my sister went to pick up mouthy as she calls her for now and it's really her... I just couldn't believe it....she sent me some photos last night and here they are....I can tell she has lost some weight in just that amount of short time...my sister will be bringing her up here during thanksgiving so I'll get a chance to see her again.

We are going to try very hard to find this very special/lucky kitty a forever home so if anyone would like to adopt her please pm me

Ok here are the pics and I will update you all later on how she is doing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0092.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	500.5 KB 
ID:	46321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0093.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	495.3 KB 
ID:	46322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0094.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	496.3 KB 
ID:	46323