Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lost Cat During Transport :( *WE GOT HER!!!!!!!!!! Left Leg Swollen Vet Appt. Sch.

Oh, she's adorable!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a darling! She reminds me of my foster Zoe! Gorgeous little girl!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Here are some more photos...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0095.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	46328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0098.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	46329  

What a little sweetie and what a very lucky girl!! Such a huge relief that she is safe now

Thank you all again for the donations towards vet costs. I appreciate all the prays as well...she is just so lucky and I'm just so thankful that we found her and I can't wait to see her this week when my sister brings her up I received $50 in donations so that will get her an office visit plus hopefully a rabies. We will work on getting the distemper shot too and the FIV/FELV combo test which is $32.

I spoke with my sister and she said she is sleeping a lot but I told her it's probably because she didn't sleep the whole time she was outside...poor girl... I still feel terrible that I didn't set up a trap or go back there but I had to take my mom home and the timing just wasn't very good but we both learned our lesson and hopefully the girl who was going to take her did as well.

Thanks again,
    Melissa

My sister just called me tonight and told me that her back leg is swollen. She said she noticed she was walking funny but didn't think much about it and last night she called and said that she was lying on the stairs and I told her she was just probably tired from not sleeping much last week and she was lying near her heater so I just figured she probably had the best seat in my sister's house.

Well tonight she called and said about her back leg being swollen and she doesn't know if she broke something and it's healing or what. She is a pa so she said she felt the tendons and they are not torn from what she could tell. She said the swelling is at the top of her back leg where the foot bone meets their upper thigh leg.

I am going to call the vets here and see when they can get her in, I'm hoping Friday they will be able to see her. My sister works all day tomorrow and she is about 2 hours away from me and originally she wasn't going to bring Mouthy up since she has already been through so much but now she needs to come up and we are in need of donations if you can help out.

I'm going to see if I can get $50 from a local place that I normally get for stray cats that are injured but we will see.

If you are able to donate please send a paypal payment to [email protected]

I have already received $50 so that's a BIG BIG help and thank you for all your prays as well

Melissa

We got a vet appointment for Friday morning at 9 a.m.

Poor girl. Hopefully it is not broken, I talked with my sister briefly this morning and she said that it is still swollen...I was hoping that maybe it would go down.

My sister is able to help with some of the costs but just not all because she is having her kitten fixed next week, plus she dropped $300 last weekend to give to the non-profit organization who took the 6 kittens/cats.

Me...well I'm still paying off Nina's vet bill so hopefully I can come up with some to help.

Prays would be appreciated.

Melissa

Melissa, I'm sorry to hear that her leg is swollen. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and the vet will be able to fix her right up. All I can offer right now are lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Melissa, I'm sorry to hear that her leg is swollen. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and the vet will be able to fix her right up. All I can offer right now are lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
    I will take your PRAYs

Thank you, I hope it's nothing serious either...if we have to they do have care credit there so that's always an option if it gets really really expensive...I just know the visit is going to be $45 for a diagnostic exam, $30 for the FIV/FELV combo test and if any x-rays are needed that's $105 for just 1 shot.

We will see come Friday.

Melissa

Melissa,
    I am so happy and relieved that you found her again! She sure has an angel watching over her. I am sorry that she is having to go to the vet and am praying she gets all better soon and finds a forever home. She sure does deserve one!
    Melissa

I got to see Mouthy and her poor leg it's up to her hip where it is swollen...I just hope she doesn't require surgery or anything...Her appt. is at 9 a.m.

Will update later on.

melissa

Any updates?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hi All-

So sorry for the late update but Mouthy is doing just fine!! She had an abcess. I couldn't believe it. The vet was able to remove almost all of the swelling from the lump area and yesterday night my sister called me and said that the swelling in her leg has gone way down and that she is still a little tired yet but it's been a big thing for her...

We are planning on getting her fixed soon and then finding her a forever home.

If anyone would like to adopt this sweetheart let me know.

Melissa

Oh, I am so glad that dear Mouthy's leg problem was just an abcess! Give that adorable girl loves from me!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks for keeping us updated. When I didn't hear back, I was thinking to myself that maybe she had an abcess from something that bit her when she ran away. I'm glad that she saw the vet and is doing much better now. Good luck with finding her a new home.