Thread: Facebook warning,

Facebook warning,

Forwarded:
    Hi friends, I checked the warning below with Snopes.com and the status is "undetermined: research in progress." It may be true, it may not be true, but here it is:
    WARNING!!!!!!.....Do not use the Christmas tree app. on Facebook. Please be advised it will crash your computer.Geek squad says its one of the WORST trojan-viruse...s there is.. and it is spreading quickly... Re-post and let your friends know!

Thanks, I will be sure and warn all my friends, and family.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I posted your thread on FB to let people know. I was lucky I didn't catch it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't use apps or games on FB. Not enough security.

I didn't see that one on there but I did see one about a virus that is called koobface. You get it in a message through there that has a link to You Tube but it is a counterfeit YT link and there it tells you, you need a Adobe Flash plug in to view the video... You follow that link and what you download is the virus..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Phew! I don't use an christmas or games like festival type ones I am mostly into animal games and so thank god! I didn't play it! I posted it up on my FB account. The games I play are YoVille, PetVille and Happy Pets, these are nearly all of them otherwise I used to play FishVille, Happy Aquarium but left those games.

I got a spam saying that FB had reset my password, and that I should register to get a new one. Yeah, right. No legit site would ever do that; you have to ASK to have your password reset.

The English grammar and spelling also left a lot to be desired.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Last edited by Catty1; 11-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

#1: When they said "Geek Squad", I lost all hope. Geek Squad is a bunch of sissies.

#2: Yeah, that's false. I read about it earlier today.

#3: "the worst virus ever" - you wouldn't be online to post about it if you had it.

Hey, Catty & Hellow, please don't shoot the messenger! Just trying to be helpful is all.

Chris, I wasn't shooting the messenger. The "FALSE" came out rather larger than I wanted...I wanted it to catch attention, not bludgeon the reader. My apologies for hurting you.

I have noticed in the latest wave of virus-warning email and other hoaxes that many have added "This is on Snopes!". That statement is correct - but Snopes may be saying it's false.

Just a suggestion - check these warnings on Snopes for yourself, or just Google the name of the warning.

(sneaking over to shrink the offending adjective...)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    I don't use apps or games on FB. Not enough security.
    I second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I have noticed in the latest wave of virus-warning email and other hoaxes that many have added "This is on Snopes!". That statement is correct - but Snopes may be saying it's false.
    Yup, been getting those kind of emails too. I always check them myself through my own bookmark to Snopes.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022