Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! 8 month old feral giving birth *new photos on page 6 posts 81 & 82*

Prayers for Misty and the babies and for you too, Michelle, that all goes well with the births and afterwards. God bless you all of you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

When Daisy May, a feral, had her kittens 4 years ago, I went in to feed her and she was in the midst of having one of them! She gave me such a growl and stink eye; I left her food and crept out. She never did warm up to me, but her kittens were awesome. Good luck with your crew!
    Last edited by smokey the elder; 04-25-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Make that 3. Baby #3 is here. Looks like another blackie. Had to once again break the sac, cut the cord and the whole deal. She is laying down now quite tranquil. All babies are feeding.

I think she may have one more in there yet. So will have to keep a close eye on her. She is doing well and not showing any signs right now.

I have a wonderful vet. Though he is in vacation in the center of Italy with his family he called me about 20 minutes ago to see how the cat was doing. I was impressed as I have not seen that in a single vet here up to this point.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

COOL!!!!!! 3 babies!!! This is so exciting!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, I was very nervous reading through this thread! I'm glad momma and babies are doing well so far. I'll pray that everything continues to go smoothly. You sound calmer than me, I'd be scared out of my wits!

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

I had to go out for a short while and couldn't get Mommycat and her babies off my mind. What a relief to know things are going well. Misty is beautiful and her first precious baby looks healthy not to mention adorable!

You have done a fantastic job here, bless you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So glad it's going well. It's been 15 years since I've witnessed a birth, but as I read, it's coming back.

Bless you for helping her.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

got an issue. The last kitten born is not eating. He is super weak. They were all eating before so I don't know what's going on. He is the runt and was born breach. Momma isn't rejecting, he is rejecting her if you want to put it like that. There is no KRM available here. I would have to find out what else is available. I am sure there is something but don't know what. What can I give him now? It is 11:10 pm here and nothing is open before 8:30 am. I am afraid we will lose him through the night.

3 babies, two black. Was the other one grey like mama??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Actually Donna, one is black & white and the other 2 which I thought were black are actually gray like momma.

WoW you sound like a Great Mid Wife.. Congrats on the babies.. Pics soon ok.. Your doing a Great Job && so glad you could be there with momma & babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

You did a good thing, Michelle. Thank you!!! Glad everyone (especially YOU!!) is okay and healthy. Mama needs nutrition now that she's feeding 4 babies. Nutrical is a great supplement. Also, feed her canned kitten food. When Mattie Grace was pregnant, I used to boil her chicken livers. She LOVED them!!!

Donna

At least try to get some water into him with a syringe, and see if you can encourage him to nurse after that.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    got an issue. The last kitten born is not eating. He is super weak. They were all eating before so I don't know what's going on. He is the runt and was born breach. Momma isn't rejecting, he is rejecting her if you want to put it like that. There is no KRM available here. I would have to find out what else is available. I am sure there is something but don't know what. What can I give him now? It is 11:10 pm here and nothing is open before 8:30 am. I am afraid we will lose him through the night.
    Oh gosh, I hope he comes around. Can you tell if he has any fluid in his mouth or any obstruction in his mouth. I would stroke his throat or back and keep him warm.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I put a call in to my vet but everyone is busy so I'm waiting for a call back. In the meantime, I called another vet and I was told to NOT give it human milk b/c it will cause severe diarrhea and that can't be good for a newborn who is already weak. KMR is suggested but if it isn't available to you, I don't know what else to suggest. My late vet would know a formula to give it so, hopefully, my current vet may know of one, too. As soon as I hear anything, I'll pass the info on to you. I hope the little one holds on 'til then.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11