Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! 8 month old feral giving birth *new photos on page 6 posts 81 & 82*

Ok, first and foremost: my current vet's associate said to express some milk from the mother's breast and then put the kitten right up to it while the milk is coming out. That should get her to eating but if that doesn't work, put some expressed milk into a dropper and feed the kitten that way. If that still doesn't work, here is the formula. My late vet's associate had it handy:

1/2 C. evaporated milk
    1/2 C. water
    1 egg yolk (no white)
    10 drops human baby vitamins
    2 T. Karo syrup

You will have to feed it w/a dropper every 4 hours around the clock and rub the area where it poops and pees w/a warm wash cloth in order to get it to go. Keep it warm but not too warm and try not to handle it too much other than for feeding. My current vet's associate said that time is of the essence; don't wait too long if you see that the kitten won't feed from her mom.

Good luck and bless you for taking care of the sweetie pies. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Forgot to mention to feed it an ounce or two but not more than that. The kitten will let you know when she's full b/c she'll pull away or push your hand away. I'm praying that all goes well, Michelle.
    Blessings,
    Mary

sad news: Baby #3 has passed. It was a little boy and the runt at the time. He passed just as she started delivering baby #4. I guess he had to be born to make way for #4 to be born but he had to pass to allow #4 a chance to make it. I spent some time with momma & the kittens and I keep checking in every 15 minutes. All 3 of the remaining babies are nursing. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

So, as it stands so far Misty had 4 babies. #1 black & white (girl), #2 gray (sex unknown), #3 gray (male rb) & #4 black & white (sex unknown). I can't imagine she has anymore in there but she is still breathing pretty heavily, is purring away and seems to be relaxed. Eyes closed, tranquil & seems content.

Will update again with more news later.

<3 Misty, babies & Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

It's late where you are, Michelle, but I can call you if you're still up. I'll keep checking back. You did great, girl. Not all kittens survive. It's a sad fact of life.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

God bless you, Michelle, and the little kitty family too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good job Michelle! Many prayers for mommy kitty and her three babies. I'm sorry for the one who didn't make it.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh I'm so sorry about the wee kitty. You did the best you could, Michelle, and I'm sure you'll keep on doing it w/the kittens that have survived.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Got any neighbors that have goats??? Goats milk is good for them and they like it.

Sleep well my friend! Ya done good.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I hope that mama and kittens are all still doing well. I'm so sorry to hear that one of the kittens passed away. They're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Talk about sleep deprived nights!!! I got to sleep around 4:30 am and up again 30 minutes later with hubby for work. Tried to go back to sleep when he left but took me almost an hour and then was awakened by the BIL when he left at 7:00, by FIL again at 8:00 by Guido (called to see how the kitties were) at 9:00 and have been up ever since. It's 10:30 now. Enough whining from me though.

So, far so good. Momma is very good with them. She is careful when she repositions herself or gets in and out to eat or drink. Kittens are loud and active with round little tummies and feeding well. SO fingers crossed that all continues to go well.

I will get some pics in a little bit when I feed momma Misty again. FIL just got back from the pet store with some Royal Canin baby cat dry (for momma), Royal Canin Recovery canned & some cat milk for nursing mothers. Miz Misty will be a happy kitty.

Will keep you all updated and will post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks again guys.
    Misty, babies & Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I'm so sorry one of the kittens didn't make it.

Rest in peace little one!

Michelle, you have done all the right things, and I'm glad the three others are feeding and the mom is so good with them. She will be happy to get some yummy food and milk.

Sounds like you need a good rest!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It's 9:13 a.m. here and I just tried to call Michelle to see how it went. She's probably out like a light cuz she didn't answer. A well deserved nights rest is definitely in order.

I was following this yesterday, on FB. Popped in here to check before turning in. I didn't post, as I couldn't add anything. Just prayed all the other babies continued to do well.

What a marvelous midwife you are, Michelle! And good for you, Donna, calling and lending support and info you had.

Misty is a lucky momma to have found a PT home to have her babies.

I, too, had been following this on FB. I am so sorry the little wee one didn't make it. Life can be so cruel.

Good on you, Michelle, for your diligence! And, to Donna for lending a helping hand when it was kind of scary over there.

Looking forward to updates, when you have had a chance to rest!

You did a wonderful job helping Misty and her newborn babies. There was some LES here when I saw that baby # 3 didn't make it. Glad to know that Misty is such a good Mommy and is caring for her beautiful babies. Looking forward to the pictures.
    When Misty is up for it, could I ask you to give her some lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE