Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting my old Paizly back. Update #15

Getting my old Paizly back. Update #15

Well, she's not being nice to Jax yet, but she is becoming more like she was before Jax.
    This morning I was in Jax's room with him and I was watching the rest of a show I didn't finish watching last night. The door was closed and Jax ran to it a couple of times, so I figured Paizly walked by. Then I hear loud meowing, so I pause the show and it is Paizly. She has the quietest meow I've ever heard from a cat and here she is YELLING. So I open the door for her and she comes on in and hangs out in Jax's room with us! While watching TV I was playing with the Kitty Charmer with them. Paizly was playing too! However, let's not get too excited here, any time Jax got too close she still hissed at him. But I was thrilled she was in there with us and playing. I think being home with Jax for four days alone must have done something to her, in a good way.
    Well, it doesn't end there. Just a minute ago I am sitting here at the computer and I hear that soft meow behind me. I turn around and here comes Paizly into the office with her favorite toy in her mouth (a ball with a feather boa type thing attached to it). So I take it and play with her a bit and throw it for her to fetch. But that didn't happen, since the D.O.G. had to interrupt. But we just sat and played with it for a while. Me in my desk chair and her in Bruce's chair.
    I am so thrilled to see her beginning to act like she did before Jax joined us.
    It has been about 3 1/2 months since Jax came home, so maybe after a year I will get that picture I've always dreamed of (the cuddle picture).
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 05-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww, congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

This is great news. Hopefully she'll continue to want to interact with you and Jax. Both of my girls still hiss and growl at Alani & Blaze too. They act like they want to play with them and sometimes they do. This confuses the kittens because sometimes they're nice to them and sometimes not. My females tend to be drama queens. Good luck getting that cuddling picture.

Yay for you all! I agree that the girls tend towards the drama. Maybe she just needs time to get over it all. Kisses to all.
    BTW, we are on board for the Whiskers to wine event. YAY!

Sounds rather like my Yodie and Coco Puff. Yodie is now at the point where she tolerates him but when he walks by, she still hisses. At least there's peace. It may happen that you get that cuddle pic yet; you never know.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I love it when progress is made. Sounds like it is happening in "baby steps" but it is a good start!

Samantha wants so bad to play with Caramella but she will not relax and just do it. She is fine until Caramella realizes she it trying to play with her then she will hiss and run off.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

How wonderful!

And, being a "c-a-t," you just KNOW she is saying, "missed ya, mom, where ya been?"

HALLELUJAH! That's great news!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am very happy about this. And Sandie, I believe you may be correct. She was very happy we were home. So was Jax. He walked around meowing his head off too Sunday evening.

Claudia, I am going to see if I can sign up for Wine and Whiskers this weekend while I'm there.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It takes some Cats a bit longer to adapt to new arrivals than others, imagine if a new person moved into your home!!!
    We are so plaeased that Paizly and Jax are starting to realize that having a new Friend has its benefits
    Even Michael and Miquelito fight once in awhile , but its just momentary
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My two boys have never been friends and it's been 7 years now. They don't fight, very often, but they just ignore each other for the most part. Sometimes they start zoomies together at night and I get my hopes up but then I hear the inevitable growl or hiss. I hope Jax and Paizly become friends and have fun together. They are both so beautiful!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you!
    Yeah, Jax doesn't have a problem with Paizly. He is relentless in bugging her and getting her to play with him. And she does play with him quite often.

I'm just so excited to see her being more playful in general.

Kittens or young cats like Jax are used to grumpy elder cats- he will never be discouraged But I love to hear Paizley feels better in his presence now.

Yay, Paizly, pretty girl! I hope you and Jax get to be the best of fur-iends!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was so excited this morning!! I wanted to dance with joy. Usually in the morning the routine is I go in and visit with Jax in his room (he is out all night until I get up, then he goes in his room). Well this morning he wanted to go out, usually he stays in the room with me. So I propped open the door and Jax stayed in there with me while I cleaned the box. Then Paizly wandered in. After I was done doing what I needed to do I came back to the room to close the door again. Except I wasn't sure where Paizly was. I said "Paizly are you in here?" Right after I said that she darted out from under the bed then SHE engaged in a game of chase with Jax. And there was no growling or hissing!!! So I just left the door open and continued with my morning. I could hear them running around, but still not hissing or growling. Then after a bit I did hear some growling and a little hissing, but nothing too bad. When I left Paizly was in his room on the cat tree and Jax was wandering around the house. I hope they didn't get too loud after I left and wake up Bruce and the dogs.
    But Bruce told me last night and he thought they were going to kill each other yesterday. It sounded like a real cat fight. Well it was the opposite picture this morning.

I am such a happy cat mom right now!