Thread: Just horrible

Just horrible

I was watching "Animal Cops" tonight after work and they had a rescue on there that they went and recovered

247 cats from one house!!! In horrible conditions and they were all inbred and feral and were all put down.
    They were covered in urine and fecal material and they were going in for a final sweep to see if they can find anymore.
    They didn't press charges to the owner b/c he was deemed unstable and needed psychological help.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Sickening. Absolutely sickening.
    I'm glad the kitties no longer have to suffer, though.

I can't rememberthe link but I was reading about a similar rabbit rescue...
    300 + rabbits were found inside a vacant house (owner moved and left her pair of buns inside the house)... the neighbor's child kept saying she saw 'rats' in the window... to make a long story short, when ?whoever? broke into the house, they found it in shambles (obviously). There was 3ft of bunny poop throughout the house (higher in some places). The buns had actually dug/tunneled thru the poop and made nesting areas. They didn't have ANYTHING to eat or drink... the poor babies! Several had to be ethuanized but the majority found homes or were placed in rescue organizations.

HOW can people do this?!

HOW can people do this?!
    people that do those things are not in their right minds. its very sad. I just wonder how long it was like that before someone found out...
    Faith in God

I saw one just like that on Animal Precinct. It's really strange, the people just really aren't all there. The lady really thought she was doing good, and she really loved the cats, she just didn't know that she wasn't taking good care of them. She thought that by housing over a hundred cats in her tiny apartment she was helping them. It was really sad.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

It is really, really sad, but hopefully, with education, more people will become aware of these situations and maybe they can be stopped before they become as bad.

Those poor kitties. And those bunnies! They are in my prayers.

My stomach is almost throwing up ....

In need of psychological help or not , it is UNFORGIVABLE !!!

From what I understand about "collectors", they start out, like many of us, thinking that they are helping. But they lose control or something. I'll never understand how anyone could get to that point, where they could actually live in conditions like that and not realize what a terrible situation they have caused.

Sometimes rescue groups attract collectors. We have to be careful since we recently confiscated a bunch of cats from a collector. Another rescue was in a town in northern Westchester; there were about 30 cats, many inbred and polydactyl. The kitten mortality of that bunch was close to 50%.

How sad for all involved! I think it's a shame that people who are not in the right state of mind have to live with no one to check up on them and make sure they don't do things like this or worse. My dog started out in the home of an elderly lady who just had too many pets. She couldn't feed them all, and they were malnourished. My pup was about 6 months old when the city came and took all the animals away. She's a year old now, in good health and looks beautiful, so this was a happy ending. But so many times it is not, and I wish there was someone to watch out for each of these people and make sure they don't hurt themselves or any animals.
    Susie's Mom