Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your occupations

Your occupations

Well, Cataholic's thread made me think about humans' occupations. It's interesting what kind of people are pet-people? Is there a link between what we do and how we like pets?

I am a translator (English-Romanian-Russian). BTW, my Juni speaks all of these languages.

I used to teach in elementary schools ; I gave up this job when we got our kids , because I hated to tell them "mom is busy" everytime they wanted to play !!!
    So now , I am a full-time mom , and take care of my hubby (of course ) , my son Jo (17) , my daughter Indra (13) , and my pets Maya and Inka (cats) , Jasper (guinea pig) , Billie (bun) and many fishes ! See , I am quite busy (and when I am not , I am posting on PT ... ) !

I'm a Web Tech for a local Law School.

I've always loved animals and I pursued an art degree.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I think my number one occupation is care taker. I take care of Joey, the kitties, the ferrets, whatever my family should happen to need(from running to the bank to taking care of my little sister, I'm the one they call)

Aside from finishing up school with a degree in Communications, minor in Psychology, every job I've had since high school has been as some sort of secretary(again I think that fits into the caretaker occuaption as I take care of anything and everything in the office that no one else wants to )

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

My husband and I are both professional musicians in the Orlando area. That gives us plenty of time at home with the boys. We do big convention band/ award shows. When we travel to do a big show, we are gone maybe 20 hours, and the boys are well behaved and anxious to see us when we get in. They don't seem to mind our lack of 'schedule' even if we get in at 6:30 am. So, keep your eyes open if your company ever sends you to Orlando for a convention. You might see us groovin' in the band!
    Also, we did many years (12) on the cruise ships. We saw the whole world, and mainly I noticed how some parts of the world treat their cats (or disregard them) Many heatbreaking experiences out there when I knew I couldn't help a little kitty. But, I did bring meat off the ship(an offense) to give them sometimes, hoping to 'hold them over' until someone possibly helped.

Still makes me sad to think of them. I remember their faces. And I have pictures.

I'm an office manager for an electrical contractor in the fine city of Chicago. My boss and I are the only ones in the office, and he is gone most of the time, which is what allows me the free time to enjoy PT. However, since there's only me to do all the work here in the office, sometimes it gets quite hectic and it's hard for me to keep up with my daily work. This usually happens when I take vacation since there's no one to do my work when I'm gone, so it just piles up. I can't complain though as my boss treats me well, which helps to justify the hour commute each way, every day - ugh!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm a chemist, between jobs at the moment. I've always loved animals; went from 2 to 4 cats shortly after moving to Peekskill. I got involved with a local rescue in 2001.

A tired office worker for sure

I am an office administrator for a law firm in Burlington. I had this same position in Philadelphia for many years. I am very tired of it, needless to say. I have had my share of nasty clients, immature lawyers and miserable staff. Is it Friday yet?

I'm an elementary school teacher teaching grade 2 for the first time. I have no life right now. If I didn't have the cats at home I'd be at school 24/7 as there is so much to do.

I am an editorial director in a travel publishing company (although I am a physicist). It's a great job as I have to work with people from all over the world. The more it's stressy the more I need little extra escapes like a quick PT mail. It's especially stressy in October-December when we prepare our new books for the spring travel season.

I'm a vet tech. I've been doing this for 2-1/2 years.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

12. I work in human resources for a small telecommunications company. I am also on the faculty of an organization which teaches compensation and benefit

The economy right now does not make human resources a very fun job.

But I've been dong this long enough to know things will change!

I work for a California bank, making small business loans. One of the nicest perks I have is that my office is in my home, and most of my work is done by Fed EX, Fax, email, and of course, the dreaded telephone! But it is a great job and I have met people all over the country as a result.

I have had lots of jobs and learned a lot of skills since I had to work after hubbys cancer (medical bill ) Now we own a bussiness that I work at home doing. I can do calls and email clients . takes about 2 hours a day. Hope to have hubby able to be home by March then the dogs will really be spoiled.

I've mentioned my occupation before on other threads, but I am a department manager in a "large discount department store chain" which I will not name, because I have to "represent" my store even when I'm not there, and keeping it anonymous means I can really let loose and tell it like it really is without casting a shadow on my employer. I shouldn't complain about my job, because I never went to college (only person in my family who didn't - boooooo ), and I'm making pretty good money anyway, but working in retail SUCKS most of the time. (I had "issues" in high school, one of which was never knowing what I wanted to do career-wise; the other was failing almost every class despite having a very high IQ - go figure.) Then again, my sisters who did graduate didn't fare much better than me - one is unemployed (and insane), and the other is still in school pursuing her PhD and unemployed, and very stressed out about school. I am very definitely looking forward to retirement, because I started full-time at the store when I was 17, and I'm getting a little burned out. (24 years in, and 24 more to go - AAAAAGH!!)
    We have computers at work, but they are ancient, running Windows NT from about 1994, and have no Internet access, to keep us drones from wasting the company's time and money Where I work, sitting down is a felony - get your butt out there on the salesfloor!!!!!!!!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope