Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why did you pick your name?

why did you pick your name?

what made you choose the pettalk name that you did? some use their own names, so thats obvious, but why the other ones? "so-n-so"s mommy is pretty clear too.

I chose toughCookie because of my cat Cookie who died last Feb., she went thru so much so I nicknamed her toughCookie.
    Faith in God

Mine is my first name, so it was an easy choice!

"Fuzzy" has been a nickname for me since early 80's, and 3/17 is my birthday. Its also been my name on most email services. I was used to being Fuzzy317 so I just stuck with that, call me lazy
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I think I've posted this on another thread somewhere, but I figured since I love a wide range of animals from mules down to rats, that I love All Creatures Great And Small - but I didn't realize I'd have to type it in each time to login and it's kind of long. I guess people can call me ACGAS (ack! gas!) if it's easier
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

At work, I am one of a very very few non-catholics. One of my bosses calls the really really catholic people, "cathoholic"..so, I became catoholic...because of my love of cats!!

My email address is Uabassoon.. I guess I choose it because I go to UofA and play bassoon. And it's been my AOL screen name for a few years now.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I love wolves, and my last name starts with a Q. I've had this screen name ever since we've had the internet........I have a few others, but I always seem to come back to this one. I like being wolf Q

I got my name because, well,..................my bird's name is Popcorn, he looks like a popcorn (in my opinion since he's all white and yellow................reminds me of buttery popcorn ) and both my birds LOVE to eat popcorn, so hence the name popcorn. As for the bird, of course my pets are birds, so I chose to put my screen name as popcornbird. My uncle calls my birds popcornbirds for some reason, so that was another reason as well.

Nomi is my nickname (my first name is Naomi) and my middle name is Lynn

I was in the process of signing up and thinking hard about a name. Nothing was coming to mind except how these four monsters could run so fast chasing each other. Terminal Velocity came to mind, so that's what went down on the form. Oh well....

name

My husband and I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism and the name I use for that is Trinity Munro...it works....

Re: name

Originally posted by trinity
    My husband and I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism and the name I use for that is Trinity Munro...it works....
    HELP!! According to my dictionary, an anachronism is an err in chronology...or chronogoically incorrect..what do you do in this society???

I am "LUT" ... is short for "Lutgarde" , my full first name ; which I NEVER use , because I hate it !!

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    I think I've posted this on another thread somewhere, but I figured since I love a wide range of animals from mules down to rats, that I love All Creatures Great And Small - but I didn't realize I'd have to type it in each time to login and it's kind of long. I guess people can call me ACGAS (ack! gas!) if it's easier
    You can have it set up for automatic log-in. That's what I did.

Re: name

Originally posted by trinity
    Cool! I've been in SCA since 1979, all over the place.