Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunny is sick.

Sunny is sick.

My adoptee, Sunny cat, has URI. (Sunny is the fawn-colored tabby cat that was abandoned by the next-door neighbors last October). I had just returned from my vets open house party, when I saw Sunny laying out in the sunshine and he obviously didn't look well. Then I heard him sneeze and have the sniffles. Getting him in the carrier was a problem, but after a few tries, I finally got him inside. So, I returned to the vet's office and gave him a check up. Fortunately it is nothing more that a "cat-cold". Since I cannot keep Sunny upstairs with my other furkids, he is resigned to stay in the basement. Vet suggested that I make a warm house for him, which I did. Sunny is an outdoor kitty. He is doing better, although I did purchase an electric pad for him to lay on, I am finding that it has an automatic shut-off, and does not come back on until I press the button. This is not exactly what I wanted, but it will have to do for now.

...........wayne

Aww poor Sunny. Hope he feels better soon!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Here's hoping Sunny feels better real soon.

Come on Sunny, get well!!

I hope Sunny is feeling better really soon.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Wayne, do you know of the heating pads which you can put in a microwave for 2 min. and they'll keep warm for hours. I don't know what they're called, I tried one in England, under my sheets - very efficient!

I've also seen some, which you can rub or press and they get warm. But where you can get these, I don't know.

Get well soon sweet Sunny!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sunny, please get better soon. URI's are no fun and the sneezing and runny noses are very irritating. One good thing is that URI's in adult cats are not as serious as they are in kittens so keep warm and be good and take any medications that are prescribed. We're praying for you!

slick
    max & speckles

Sunny, please get better soon so you can be out and out in the sun again. (if Kansas has any sun these days that is because Illinois sure doesn't).
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Poor Sunny, I hope you are better soon.

Chris

Ugh ..... URI What a drag. How did sunny come across getting the infection if all of your other babies are healthy?? You must seclude Sunny now, which is tough and sad but it's for everyone's own good. URI will clear up before you know it but make sure that none of the other kids catch it. A good thing to do I found is after handling Sunny wash your hands and give a quick Lysol mist on your clothes, that way when handling your other babies you have killed any sickies. I hope Sunny perks up and gets over his infection. Good Luck Sunny!!
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

I'm sorry to hear that Sunny isn't well. URIs aren't fun. I hope Sunny's meds kick in quickly so he's back to normal soon.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Poor Sunny these cold days doesn't help to feel better
    Wayne have you thought about these
    plugs that works like a kind of thermostat

something like this
    ok this one it not very fancy, just to show you what I'm talking about,there are digitals ones. You plug the mat into the thermostat and the thermostat to the main supply and you can choose when the eletricity goes on and off.
    Sorry I cannot explain myself better
    I used one of this to choose the time the aquarium would be lighten or not.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions ,all. yes, Kansas has a few (very few) warm sunny days in January/ February. In fact. last Saturday it was about 70 deg. F. (22* C). at least for the day. Last night I place a 75 watt light blub in his box, to keep him warm. I'll have to go downstairs and check on him, yet this morning.

(later). He was not in his box but was laying upright on a carpted roller board. He is still sniffling. I placed him in my pet carrier and brought him upstairs where it is warmer. He didn't sniffle or sneeze. But he started meowing in the carrier, so I took him back downstairs it is about 42* F. ( 8* C) there. I might have to bring him upstairs again, however, in the carrier to keep him warm.

........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 02-04-2003 at 07:20 AM.

Wayne, I think this is the same kind of heat pad that Randi wrote about.
    Snuggle safe heat pad
    Though maybe as Sunny is no longer staying in the box it is not worth considering?

Chris

Poor Sunny!! I hope you feel better soon Sunny. All the best to you.