Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkeys

Peanut? Was he a fennec fox?

-Rachel
    *Monkeys are my best friend. Maybe not my husbands but mine*

No....Fennec Foxes look nothing like that. He is a Rock Cavie....according to Luckies.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    The second picture of Peanut looks like a degu.. Very cute!!
    What about the Fennec Fox??

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the fox, and the pics of Peanut I had to take off of my tv, while I was running the video from my camcorder. I wish I knew how I could transfer the data to online, it is great footage! It has my degus running around so fast lol, they almost fall off their wheel!

I always regreted not taking more pics of the animals, but now I know. At least I have ONE really good pic of Peanut.

Rachel, Peanut is a rock cavie, they are related to guinea pigs.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Ok now for Homer, the pantagonia cavie, or Mara.

I have another one but I need to scan it.

My guinea pig before Homer came along:
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

BTW Bunnies are used as company when they are little, not as long time companions because they bunnies beat them up.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Oh okay I didn't see the other posts and pictures.

-Rachel

Now it's birdy time!!!!! I have WAY beter pics of them but they need to be scanned.

The birdy on the right, see it all fluffed up? She was my first ever Bourkes and was a rescue from Scamps when I used to work there, she was an inbred bird and I had to force feed her for three weeks, her brother passed away but I kept her alive. Her bf was bought at ...............yes I know, slap me if you will, PETCO!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Here is the only really good picture I haveof Lucy. I REALLY need to get some new pictures, and good ones!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Fennec fox pictures and quick facts

Take a look...it's a cute site and picture!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Go here, there is a pic that show off the ears a little better. They are huge!

My friend just bought some alpacas and his Suri girl is about to give birth any day.......you bet I will have pics of that!click
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

If there was ever an animal I would REALLY want, it would be a genet cat, they are just so darn cute......and I LOVE goats too!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by luckies4me
    If there was ever an animal I would REALLY want, it would be a genet cat, they are just so darn cute......and I LOVE goats too!
    Where did that come from? What does that have to do with the latest topic?

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

Absolutely nothing, just something I felt like saying. Last time I checked I believe there was still "freedom of speach"?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Why not get a monkey? A small one like a marmoset.

Just kidding I love goats too

-Rachel

I don't usually buy exotic pets unless I absolutely have to, ie in a VERY bad situation. I couldn't ever see myself having a monkey, maybe a ring tail but I think that is all I would go......I do rescue so most of my animals I get that way. I buy all my rats though...well most of them.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major