Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkeys

Ringed tails are harder to own then marmosets! Rescue is cool. I got my parrot from a rescue and I got my dog from a shelter
    *Monkeys are my best friend. Maybe not my husbands but mine*

Originally posted by monkeyluver
    I love goats too

-Rachel
    Me too.

Watching goats give birth is really neat. I love it when the kids suckle on your fingers. Winston loves to bang into everyone with his horns...and all of them love to nibble, nibble, nibble, nibble, and nibble somemore. Whatever comes in the barn is bound to get nibbled on.

I went with Shawn to get two males castrated, that was horrible! You could hear them bleeting in the backroom.... When we got back we gave 'em lots of lovin' though.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I want a goat someday! One time my friend came up to stay with us and brought her two baby goats. I loved them! The horses did too they were nuzzling and licking them. It was so cute!

-Rachel

I want a goat someday! One time my friend came up to stay with us and brought her two baby goats. I loved them! The horses did too they were nuzzling and licking them. It was so cute!

-Rachel
    Heehee, cute! Goats are the bestest friends for horses. Goats are often kept as stall companions for horses. Harley (Shawn's horse) shared his pasture with 47 goats!!!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Ringed tails are harder to own then marmosets! Rescue is cool. I got my parrot from a rescue and I got my dog from a shelter

Ya I know but regular monkeys kinda scare me.

OMG YLL, IF YOU HAVE GOATS PLEASE POSTS PICTURES!!!! I hate the things they do to livestock, and hoofstock. One of the things we had to do in school was dehorning, it's discusting!!!!!!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Yeah they love them especially my mare Acacia. I think she thinks they are her little babies. It was so sad when my friend left. Acacia was so depressed

-Rachel

OMG I LOVE goats. After birds, my favorite "pet" would be a goat. Well, maybe after kitties too..................but I LOVE LOVE LOVE goats.

Ps. Monkeylv'r, I saw your pets' pics and they are just SO adorable! I especially love your parrot! Can he talk? He's SO pretty!

Thanks popcorn bird! Yes Abduel can say "Hello" "Bad monkey" "Time for seeds" and "I love you" and "Hello Pretty Bird!"

Abduel is a very lucky birdy! He gives birdie nibbles to you!(He does this when he is happy).

-Rachel

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    My aunt had a spider monkey when I was little. He was meaner than crap though, he bit! I saw the pics of your monkeys though and they look so freindly and cute. Almost makes me want one. Maybe one day.

Well all monkeys get attitude probelms but ones that are kept singly often have it worse then ones kept in pairs like mine. Mine are very friendly. They have a weird way of showing they like you though. They start to pinch!

-Rachel

Any animal as intelligent as a monkey will get an 'attitude', but I don't really think it's a problem as long as you have enough time to devote to them. They're usually just showing you how smart they are!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    Maybe I'm exagerating some, my aunt's monkey wasn't horribly mean, really it was only one incident. But I was little and it kind of stuck in my mind.

Every time my mom would go to my aunts house, she would bring the monkey (Cole was his name by the way) a piece of fruit. She left one morning and didn't bring fruit with her because she was out. Cole went up to my mom, looked in her hands for the fruit, and when he saw she did not bring him any, he bit her on the back of her hand.

They castrated the goats without drugs?!!?! :O how barbaric!!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Originally posted by Lalania
    They castrated the goats without drugs?!!?! :O how barbaric!!!
    I believe so. I'm not 100% sure, we had to stay in the waiting room, and you could hear them "bleeting" in the other room. Like I said, I am not 100% sure- but I don't think they did.

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

No they don't give them pain meds or anesthatize them ether. The same thing goes for dehorning, it is discusting, but unfortunately when you are a vet student those are the things you have to learn.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.