Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been here... Last time I was here, it got kinda ugly, so I thought I would take a break for alittle while... I hope you are all doing well.

About a month ago, one of my Mom's dogs went blind. She was diagnosed with Diabetes about 2 months before she went blind... and the blindness happened, what seemed overnight... literally. One day she was fine, the next day, she was walking into walls.

Does anyone out there have a blind dog? We've had dogs that GRADUALLY went blind... and it was much easier on them... this, being all of a suddun seems very hard for her. Since she went blind, she's been doing better, and she seems less scared... but some days it seems like we're back at square one where she's walking into things, falling down stairs (she has to go down stairs to get outside-even when we are helping her, she will trip)...

We've been trying to teach her "left" and "right"... but I don't think it's working yet.

Thanks for your help.... any other suggestions on how to make this trasition alittle easier for her would be appericiated!
Val