Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kittens... am I making a mistake??

kittens... am I making a mistake??

I want some new kittens, the last few days I have been thinking, I want to go bring home 2 or 3 new kittens...yes I have lost my mind!
    someone talk some sense into my head!

I can barely afford the ones I have now... and what if they are sick? etc etc... oh but there was an online ad for kittens, brothers that they want to go to the same home if possible... but this must be a sign.. there was no number!!
    of course, I emailed the paper and got the number...
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 04-29-2003 at 03:07 PM.

Like everyone says to us...."what's one..two..three more"?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

oh no.. I did it now... I just called the lady, and she is going to call me back, to arrange the getting the cats!

they are 2 years old, so they are not kittens

, male, were neutered at 8-10 weeks, she says they get along with other cats and are healthy.. but how do I know that for sure! omg whats wrong with me? but they have been together their whole lives, littermates, like Emma and Louise, so she doesn't want to see them them separated..

ok Jen and everyone else, go ahead and laugh... .
    now what am I going to do with them, this house is small!

I just can't resist cats...
    you kow I never read the online ads, what got into my head yesterday?I should be commited LOL[
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 04-29-2003 at 03:09 PM.

well I have decided that I will only take them if she has their medical records, she said she was packing up but would see what she had... well I want records with the vets name, so I can be sure they are healthy and up to date on shots.. I can't bring sick cats into this house with my other babies...seems like if you are giving away cats, that you would not pack their records...?

Mary,

As if I'm the right one to talk you OUT of this....hee hee

I will say....you need to keep the well being of your current kitties in mind. I would never wish what happened with Oliver on anyone. Just keep that in mind and you'll be OK.

Do you just have Lousie and Emma???

Take care,
    Kelly

P.S. What do they look like??? If you answer orange tabbies....you know my vote!!!! hee hee
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

is all I can say

Yes! Make sure they provide you with ALL medical info, including testing negative for diseases! Good luck and let us all know what happens.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Do you just have Lousie and Emma???
    oh God no, I still have my other babies!
    E & L, Cassie, Charlie & Patches
    and Muffin and Callie with my mom.

what do you guys think of the names Jack and Oscar?

they are white and orange!

I have decided that if I get them, I will give them the den to stay in for 2 weeks til I can introduce them to the others.

it's not for sure yet.. am I making a mistake??

bump

Originally posted by marysmerrycats
    what do you guys think of the names Jack and Oscar?

they are white and orange!

I have decided that if I get them, I will give them the den to stay in for 2 weeks til I can introduce them to the others.

it's not for sure yet.. am I making a mistake??
    Orangies???? GET THEM!!!!!

How do your cats do with introductions??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Mary,

I'm SO glad you are making sure these cats are healthy before you introduce them to your other cats. You know how important that is.

The one concern I have is what you said:

I can barely afford the ones I have now... and what if they are sick?
    I know I've said that "what's one more poop in the box" and God only knows I'm the last one to tell you yes or no, having 7 of my own. But it can be devastating when one gets a URI and passes it to the others. That means alot of vet bills and medicine.

On the other hand...orange and white??? How about the name Casey??

Go with your heart, girl.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

How do your cats do with introductions??

weeellllllllll.....
    lets see, Emma and Louise did very well with Patches and Charlie , because the boys were babies, but they were scared of Muffin, of course Muffin was the "resident cat" already, and she picked on Louise
    Emma and Louise did ok with Cassie, but they picked on Callie.
    Charlie and Patches were babies so they bonded with each other, and have grown up with their 2 big sisters and all is well, and then later when Cassie was there, they took to her after a few days.

did I make sense in all that? if these other 2 males are 2 years old, I don't know how it will go, but they have been neutered at an early age, I guess that makes a difference... and I don't know how they will react to 5 "resident cats" of course they will have each other for moral support..

I'm certainly not one to be judgmental either.... since I have 20 in my house as of now, and only have one of them placed for anytime in the near future!!!

I would just say think about all aspects before making your decision... you know we all will be here regardless of what you do!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

coming soon...

...new members of my cat household, Jack and Oscar,
    pics to follow.

Well, I guess you figured out the answer all by yourself!!! Congratulations!!!