Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has Special Needs Dogs?

Originally posted by Luv My Brando:
    Angels3,
    ay, so I'll be the third person to request this; please give Danny a BIG hug and kiss for me too! (I know that will mean 2 hugs and 2 kisses, but I'm sure you won't mind all that extra cuddling with your baby )

Somehow your request turned into 4 of each!!!! Danny says he's keeping up with the numbers & doesn't care how high they go. Now he's blind, cuddles really mean the world to him.

Thank you for showing us the wonderful Tide & I'm noting that site about Addison's. Maybe your experience will be able to help others who are desperate for a correct diagnosis. I hope things continue to go well for
    Tide.
    Corinna, your Pandora must have been an incredible dog. I had tears coming down my face reading the story. She may be gone 19 years, but a beautiful dog like that takes up a new home in your heart & will never leave. I'm so glad that lilacs mark the place where she & her friend rest. Thank you
    for introducing me to this lovely dog.

Graham my aussie mix is very sound, fit and free from any kind of health issue. Cassie the pug on the other hand has really bad ears, and her past owners did not clean her ears as they should have done. Once every two to four months they would take her to the vet for an ear cleaning. She has such bad ears that she needs her ears cleaned every week, or twice a week in the summer months. Her ears were so bad when I adopted her last September that she'd rub her ears into things and leave blood streaks.

When I adopted Cassie I knew that because she was 7 years old and she had never received good ear care that she may very well go deaf. Well I noticed right away that her hearing was not good. It's getting worse. You have to talk really loud in order for her to hear you. I use some hand signals and body postures for Cassie because I know very well that there will be a time when she has no hearing at all, and that time is growing very near. I don't think it's a very difficult handicap to work with but it will be my first deaf dog experience.

I think we will both do fine.

I just wanted you all to know that the challenges faced by Danny, Terra, Pumpkin, Lucky, Pandora, Tide, and Cassie have touched my heart. Like Luv, big fat tears accompany the reading of these type of posts. But they are good tears because of the special care the little ones receive/received from their guardians. Thank you for taking the time to share these personal accounts.

I agree totally with Rachel. Each one of you are truly special for the lengths you have gone to for your pets. I totally understand your loyalty to your animals too.

Thanks so much for sharing your touching stories with us.

Logan