Thread: animal lover stereotypes

animal lover stereotypes

lets here them what are some of the things you have heard people "type" animal lovers too?

some I have heard is that:

I love animals "so you want to be a vet?" this is one I have heard so many times, I love animals automaticly I want to be a vet

and the second most common I have heard
    I love animals "guess that means your a vegitarian" yep apparenty all animal lovers are vegies!

so according so the "outside world" so to speak all animals lovers are vegis that want to be vets!

so what are the "types" you have heard?
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Both of them up there.

And I've also been accused for not takeing care of my pets ::laughs:: the person who said this has 1. Never been to my house 2. Has never seen ANY of my animals and 3. Met me for the first time and only knew I had 1 dog, Nova. They said that people who own pets are dirty and NEVER take care of there pets

I've also been told that I am closed minded because I won pets

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

They said that people who own pets are dirty
    I think that is a common one ... if you have pets, your house is dirty.

Also, if you have a lot of pets, that you are an eccentric "cat lady" or "dog lady" with no friends.

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

The classic one that i get told when i say i own 2 horses, 1 dog, 2 goats is "so your rich", you have to be kidding, im the oppisite!!! laughs
    im poor because i have lots of pets!!! (but im "rich because i have lots of pets" if you know what i mean)
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Yeah those 3 are right up there but I also love
    "Doesn't your house smell?"

I feel Very, very sorry for people who don't have pets and have never had them..... they have NO idea on what they are missing!
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

People tell me, "Your so good with your animals, you should have been a 'real' mother."

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    People tell me, "Your so good with your animals, you should have been a 'real' mother."
    thats terrible! i've never heard that one before! besides you are a real mother!! we all are!! (girls anyway the guys are real daddies)