Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: My cat is sick, please help!!!!

My cat is sick, please help!!!!

Please help!!! My cat is very sick. I don't know what to do. I took her to the vet, but they said they didn't know what was wrong with her. If anyone could give me some advice, I'd REALLY appriciate it.

Krystal12345

What's wrong? Vomiting? What? You aren't telling us anything.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Sorry. I forgot. No, she isn't vomiting. But she won't eat. And she won't drink.

Krystal12345

I'm sorry to hear that. But just calm down, it will be okay. Maybe you should try taking her to a different vet. If a vet can't diagnose what's wrong, that's a little odd and I wouldn't trust them. Just my opinion....

This vet is VERY good. I take my other pets there. And he is great. But he said that he had never seen anything like this before.

Krystal12345

You need to tell us more. Did you leave her at the vets? A good vet will run blood tests or other tests depending on the symptoms.

Without knowing what is wrong, I would suggest that you keep her as calm as you can and stress free and wait until the vet can determine the illness and give you the correct advice.

That's a little odd....I mean, I know your cat probably isn't the only one that has stopped eating or drinking for some reason or another.

I did leave her at the vet. I did this morning.
    I did not get any calls yet. I will keep her as calm as I can when I go pick her up tonight. I hope she doesn't die.

Krystal12345

No offense but.....I highly doubt your cat will die, you need to just calm down. Like I said, your cat is not the only one to stop eating for a day or two. I still think the whole deal with the vet is a little strange.....but hey, it's your cat.

If she won't eat or drink, try giving her some water with a dropper. You can also blend her food into a liquid and give it to her with a dropper too. I hope she feels better soon. What is your vet doing with her? Has he taken any tests?
    I've been BOO'd!

I don't know what the doctor's doing. I'm going to pick her up right now. I hope she's ok. Thank you for your help, everyone!!!!!

Krystal12345

Krystal,
    I’ve been thru this with my cat. Unfortunately vets don’t always know what the problem is, especially if the blood test is normal. In my cat’s case an anti-nausea shot and some medication finally made her eat and drink again. Hopefully your cat just has an upset stomach. Keep us updated.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

If your cat isn't eating or drinking anything, she could become dehydrated. If it were MY cat, I'd ask the vet exactly what is being done to find out what's wrong. If you're not satisfied, or feel he isn't doing enough, get a second opinion.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Krystal. I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty's not feeling well We all understand how scary it is when our furry ones get sick and we don't know why. Hopefully the vet will be able to tell you something more specific tonight. Were you able to pick her up and bring her home? Hopefully it's nothing serious; perhaps just an upset stomach. What does your Mom say? Keeping our fingers and paws crossed that your kitty is feeling better very soon What's her name?

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yup. I picked her up. And you know what? She was pregnant!!!!!! I can't belive it!!! I'm so excited!!! She didn't look fat at all. Her babies were all very tiny, so the doctors couldn't really see them. I don't know why she wouldn't eat or drink. I just got her about a month ago. She could have gotten pregnant before I got her, because I only have one cat. I can't wait! The doctor sees about 6 healthy kittens in her stomach. I hope the birth will go smoothly. Her name is Stardust, because she has a perfectly shaped star on her forehead. And she is a very pretty cat. I'm not worried anymore. The only thing I'm worried about is if she is OK during the birth. My mother's friend had a cat, and it had babies, and one of them was Stardust. I was there at Stardust's birth. Thanks, guys. Thank's for your help. Bye!

Krystal12345