Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monkeys as Pets

does he wear a diper :O
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I just wanted to say that he is GORGEOUS! He is also obviously very well cared for! He looks so happy and healthy!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Mario is either climbing the tree next to the house, he has a lot of ways to entertain himself. Just imagine a small child and what they do, that is pretty close to what he does. He does like to take objects and bang the window with it.

He eats a special food made just for him. I think it is a purina brand monkey biscuit. He love to eat anything that we do though, he thinks he is really getting a treat when he gets something like macronni and cheese, creamed potatoes, we do not let him have cabbage, as that is bad for him for some reason. He loves to have his head scratched.

He doesn't wear diapers, but bugger would wear diapers when I took her to school. Before I took her in I alway sent somebody into the room first to warn the children not to laugh at her, and would take raisins and potatoe chips with me so they could feed her. The kids were pretty good about what I ask of them, but one room of kids, started mocking them, and I had to take her out of there. These guys are like us, they don't like to be made fun of.

Mario is a very sweet little guy and it amazes me that he can use tools the way he does.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

do you dress him up in clothes?? hahaha. he is so cute ..

I know I have some somewhere of Bugger too, just have to look for them. I have a lot more of Mario too. I think their lifespan is about 30 or 40 years, I am not really sure, can't remember! He is just part of the family, like a child.

I have never tried to dress Mario up in clothes, I don't think he would like it at all. Now Bugger would wear clothes, she also done striptease acts in front of the kids. luckily she didn't remove her diaper.

Their little hand are so much like ours, and their eyes are so beautiful to look into. So human, it is unreal.

hahahahahaha

Another thing, he is the biggest thief I have ever seen, he comes in and steals cookies, and just objects out of the livingroom such as whatnots and remote controls, glasses, don't ever set a soda down in front of him, he will steal it and run off with it.

My daughter Lindsey, the one in my avatar always brings him a coke home from Mcdonalds or some kind of goodie, and he waits for her to come home from work and bring him a suprise. He loves toys.
    Last edited by trayi52; 01-14-2004 at 01:52 AM.

Tray isn't it dangerous to let him run around lose? I mean he is a monkey! What happens if he bit someone? He does not have an enclosure of any kind? I see him on top of your house? I just find that extremely dangerous.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass, he is very tame now but people are afraid of him more so than the rottweiler. It is pretty funny, he don't go up to strangers unless he just suddenly likes them. People come out just to feed him candy.

Mario has figured out how to unluck any lock, you would be suprised how smart he is. You seen that picture of him and my grandson? Mario is like a little child, of course I would never take him to a school like I did the other monkey, Bugger. Mario is very different.

And we live down a dirt road that deadends and there are no houses for about a mile. So he pretty much has his freedom.
    Last edited by trayi52; 01-14-2004 at 12:44 PM.

Ok lol. You scared me there for a sec! Oh now I can't stop sneezing. I think I am getting allergic to the cats. Anyways, I think your Rotti girl is very beautiful. I love Rotties! Oh and of course, your monk man is very handsome as well. I love capuchins, and marmosets. although marmosets tend to be a little more agressive, true?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I don't really know that much about the marmosets, I know that 18 year old is wanting one. I know about these capauchins. Bugger was just the sweetest of the two though and she was wilder than him when we got her.

I wished you could have seen those two together. I was vacuming one time, this was when we lived in a house with a greenhouse hooked on to it and we had them on the inside. My cat pyewackett got close to the cage and while I was vacuming the floor I suddenly heard this screeching, I turned off the vacum and look over at them and they both had her by the tail, and was pulling her tail and pinching her, and I swear they were laughing!

Originally posted by trayi52
    I have a capuachin monkey, he is in my signature.
    I never noticed that you do!!!!! Pictures! Tell me more?!
    *edit* Sorry, I got so excited that I didn't scroll down. I'll read. hehe.

Wow! I wanna monkey! So, I guess they have the sense not to run away?

Yeah when we first got our monkeys, everybody accused my husband of trying to kill me with monkey. I stayed bitten, statched. My thumbed was bit off at the end, luckily no bone was affected. I just have to find the picture of my RB capauchin Bugger. Now that was a sweetie, every month she got the hots for my hubby, it was sort of one of those she would look at him and do the raising the eyebrow thing and kiss at him and then crawl into his arms. She loved children.

We do miss her, Mario was kind of mean to her he caused half of her tail to have to be amputated at one time, really broke my heart when that happened she had such a beautiful tail.

Mario has got better toward us and other people since she died. I look around and he will be in the house looking for things to carry on top of the house.

There for awhile we had shingles on the house, and we had somebody go up on our roof and check to see if we need a new roof, come to find out there were shingles missing and guess who took them off? Mario! We have since put tin on top of the house. I told Jimmy that the next thing we will see is Mario coming off the top of the house with tin. Maybe he will build a house to suit what he really wants. That guy is something else.

Willie