Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monkeys as Pets

What kind of house? Does he remember to shut the door? hehe

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

OMG HE IS ONE OF THE CUTEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN! He must be one of the neatest pets!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Tray! I never knew you had a monkey! He's so cute! I want a monkey now............They are so cute.........and love grabbing EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by popcornbird; 02-26-2004 at 01:41 PM.

Believe me Poppy, Mario is the biggest theif you have ever seen. He really loves to come in and take food out of the cabinets and steal hubbys cookies.

stacwase, he has his own little house, but he just will not close his door. He likes a blanket to snuggle up in. He doesn't mind wasting heat, LOL.

As I said before he likes to be tickled, and he loves wrestling. The cats are all afraid of him though. Did I post this picture already?

Anyway this is him being tickled.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

he's so adorable! from all the pictures you posted and stuff you have said about him he sounds like Mr. Personality! awww he's just sooooo cute!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

*Bump*

Mario is so cute! Do you have to have a licence to have a pet monkey?

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

There are only certain animals here in the state of Tn that have to have a licence. Tn is a very strange state as far as that goes.

But yes we have a pemit from the state of TN.

I also have a monkey, well kind of. Her name is Abby and she is a squirrel monkey. She actually belongs to my boss, but lives at my work and I've been her "aunt" and 1 of her 2 care-givers for the last 4 years (she is 21 years old, my boss has had her for 19). She has a large gazebo that she lives in, that is part screened and part solid walls. She also has a Macaw cage that she stays in when its too cool to be outside. She wears a diaper and has a harness and leash she is on when out of her cage. Squirrel monkies are the 2nd smallest breed, marmosets are the smallest. She is a ton of work, but a lot of fun (most of the time). Our biggest challenge is feeding her, she is so picky. Her favorite foods are bugs and eggs. We give her a lot of fruits and vegtables. We supplement her with vitamins daily, which we give her in a syringe (she takes it well). I don't recomend them as a pet. I have 2 pics I'll try to get up, but I'm having a hard time with it.

I am going bump this up for *LabLoverKEB*.

I got to thinking but I don't think we have to have a permit for Mario at all. I think I was thinking of when she arrived to us she had to have all these health certificates and different things. Man it has been so long, and my memory just isn't what it used to be.

My advice don't age!!!

This is a very interesting thread.. I've learned a lot. Very cute monkey you have there!

You said he sometimes comes inside the house? So I'm assuming he lives outside? Where does he sleep at night? What does he do if there's a storm or something? Does he come inside then? LOL Sorry if I'm being annoying.. I'm just curious

Mario has his own little house that is heated. When it get cold he goes to his little house. He don't like to be out in the snow at all. When we finally got a snow here, he did not leave his house.

Yes he does come in the house sometimes, as a matter of fact he was in the house today. Go to Pet general and look for a thread called ''New Pictures of Mario!'', I took some pictures of him in the house today. He sometimes sneaks into the kitchen and steal food out of the cabinets, he steals my husbands cookie, he is a regular little cookie monster!

But he likes to eat and drink anything that us hoomans eat or drink. Even Coffee.

He is like a small child, my daughter Lindsey brings him something from McDonalds everynight. She works the night shift over there, so she always brings him some fries, or chicken nuggets, a coke. Something like that. He stays up and waits for her. He got aggravated with her tonight because she forgot to bring him his usual treat, so he opened the front door and came in and stole some of her belongings and left with them. LOL, probably end up on top of the house.

But the pictures in the thread I mentioned above, they are just so cute! He out did himself today.

Willie

Willie, hope you don't mind, but let's see some more pictures of the adorable amazing Mario!!

I have been trying to get the boy to let me take pictures for the past week. Sometimes he will pose and sometimes he just gets a stubborn streak in him! But I will try my best to get some of our boy.

Willie

Here are a couple pictures of Abby, my bosses monkey.

Sorry the pictures are really bad, they are the only ones I have.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla