Thread: Slipping and sliding

Slipping and sliding

Is there anything we can do about our tiled kitchen floor? Nicki has been sliding around on it lately (we haven't changed cleaners to account for the slippery-ness.) She's becoming scared to enter the kitchen... its where food & water are. Also, that is how we let her out. My husband thinks a runner or some throw mats would work, but our kitchen is not square so a runner would be absurd and the little mats would slip this was and that... besides, so you know how much of a mess three teenagers make on a kitchen floor? Those mats would be disgusting the day I throw them down!

I'm actually considering those silly shaped things you put on the bottom of your bathtub! How would those little shapes look in a grape themed kitchen

We don't have tile in our kitchen, but we do have a Pergo floor, and it is very slippery! Zipper had a horrible time when he first arrived, and was literally afraid to step on it. I used rubber backed mats (throw rugs) to help him, and it worked. Now I don't even have to use them except in my customary spots (in front of the sink and the door) and he is fine. He just had to learn to slow down a bit!!!

Logan

rubber backed rugs, a dark color to minimize the 'track-ins' and shake them out daily will help a lot. try for 2 sets, one to wash, one to use. in angel dukes' last summer, he was slipping a lot & his joints hurt after each fall and the rugs made it better for him. i made a path on his usual walking places, i.e. food/water area, hall to rest of the house, and under the table, his hang out area. it was worth the daily shake out to keep him comfortable
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

We put the extra bathmats out inthe kitchen... its working already! It got so bad yesterday that she FLAT-OUT REFUSED to enter the kitchen. I can't take her out from the front door - it snowed and the ice build-up on the steps was worse than the kitchen. So out of desperation, I threw the bath mats down it it made a super difference immediately... poor thing really had to go otside desperately!

We have a trail of mats snaking through the kitchen and I don't care since it makes my girl happy.

Thanks for your help!