Thread: Smelly Cat

Smelly Cat

AWWWWW Baby had his first bath!

I went out this afternoon and came home to a Pouncer that smelled like the litter box. stiiiiiinky!!!

So I gave him his first bath... much to his displeasure! I gave Allen a butt bath last week, and now my poor little guy got a full dip! Good thing I trimmed his nails really good yesterday or I'd be a bleeding mess.

Here he is being towel dried

Sorry for the blurry head... he was lick-lick-licking.

Here is is in the hallway after he escaped the towel - very upset, but still licking.

Am I bad meowmie or what?

Re: Smelly Cat

Originally posted by catnapper
    Am I bad meowmie or what?
    Horribly bad from Pouncer's point of view, but quite wonderful from ours for taking pics!

And I'm sure you know this from Allen, but don't worry, he'll lick himself dry and by that time he'll be over it and come looking for snuggles - he won't hold it against you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Ahhh, poor poor Pouncer!!!

Lily completely sympathizes with him! Had to do the same with her when I found her playing in the toilet bowl (meowmie had forgotten to close the lid ).

Kirsten

Re: Re: Smelly Cat

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    And I'm sure you know this from Allen, but don't worry, he'll lick himself dry and by that time he'll be over it and come looking for snuggles - he won't hold it against you.
    He's currently sitting on the shelf ontop of the radiator licking non-stop... he's almost there. At least he's in the warmest spot available (I had to move some stuff to make room for him. If I didn't I would have broken trinkets everywhere ebcause he was DETERMINED to sit up there!)

Poor Pouncer.

I am sure that T&P is correct and he will have forgiven you by the time that he is dry.

Thanks for the pictures.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

No you are not a bad mommy. I bath these guys all the time and the hardest one is the smaller ones because they are not use to a bath and are harder to hold. The big guys Mason at 24#s and Chinno at 19 #'s are very easy justs take a long time to dry. Jaxon's last bath was with a groomer because he was going to be shown. That is more than just one or two shampooings. Did he look wonderful. I did the girls who are 9 and 8 months old. We did great at the show. I ususally bath these guys 2 xs a year. So if anyone is a bad mommie it is me because my guys get blown dry after many shampooings and a vinager rinse. Butt washings are when needed.

Stella
    Tiny Paws (!?!) ready to walk in and on your heart. They will dig a hole and plant themselves there and grow like weeds wrapping themselves around your heart and soul.

Awwww Pouncer, just think how gorgeous you're going to look after you are all dry. You're so cute as a button.
    When I use to have to bath Katie, I had to make sure all the windows were closed in the house cause with the noise that came out of her, you'd think I was trying to kill her.

Were you like that Pouncer or were you a good kitty?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by rg_girlca
    Awwww Pouncer, just think how gorgeous you're going to look after you are all dry. You're so cute as a button.
    When I use to have to bath Katie, I had to make sure all the windows were closed in the house cause with the noise that came out of her, you'd think I was trying to kill her.

Were you like that Pouncer or were you a good kitty?
    Actually he was completely quiet - not one peep out of him. But he was everywhere at once! I couldn't catch him to hold him! I don't know who was more soaked... Pouncer or me.

But he's now completely dry and super soft & fluffy!

I know that after Boomer is finished licking himself dry he gets into a really snuggly mood It's something that I canalways count on. It's like he's looking for confirmation that I still love him
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I know what you are going through with thr bath thing tomorrow its flea and tick bath for my furballs!!

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

Pouncer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did mom do to you????????????

Poor wet baby! AAAAWWWWWWWW

What a cutie! Nothing like a sweet smelling kitty!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

Poor baby Pouncer!!!! MEAN MEOWMIE!!!
    Just look at it like this adorable Pouncer...A few minutes of yuck and now you smell all better! Imagine all the love and snuggles you will get now!! If you pull the pitiful *I can't believe you did that to me* face then I bet you get some extra treats too!! See Pouncer there are some advantages to a few minutes of suffering!!

Pouncer will appreciate being clean , and it was so great that you didnt get scratched up. as most Cats do like getting wet , of course.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Juni and Pichu need a bath too With Juni it's easy - she even enjoys it sometimes (depends on the mood), but Pichu - last time it was my syster who gave him a bath and she promised she won't do that again