Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Sweet Sammy!

Good Morning Sweet Sammy!

We are so sorry to hear about your very sad beginning Sammy. We are equally happy to hear about your loving family and your wonderful rescue. This family truly loves you Sammy-God Bless them!!! They have lovingly taken on a huge responsibility. Now they see the true Sammy and his real personality coming out. Everyone wins in this story. You are such a brave, good boy Sammy. We are so happy to hear this morning that you are now so happy and content in your new life. Our Mom loves people like your family. She thinks you look oh so cute in your little bandana-we agree!! Guess what Sammy? You are our neighbor too-we aren't too far from Lakeland. Come over and visit anytime-we can all chase frogs together. We love frogs and lizards. Congratulations on your big day Mr. Sammy as our special Sunday DOTD. We hope you and your family have a wonderful life together with many more happy years. Tell Mom and Dad to give you a big kiss and hug from us-you look so pretty and soft. Enjoy every day Sammy and love your life like we do.

Love, Daisy and Delilah in Sunny Florida

congrats to the dog of the day!!!!!

Sammy,

I am so sorry to hear about your beginning. I am so happy that you have fount a very happy, loving and caring home to live. They sound like they love you very much. You are a very handsome fellow. I would love to have you for my own.
    LHCamry

CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY!

How in the world could anyone not want to take that cute face of yours home?!
    I'm so glad to hear that your story had a wonderful ending It sounds as if you've found the perfect home for you sweetheart!
    I hope you and your humans have many many years together!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sweet Sammy

Your story made my day! I dragged my husband in hear to read it with me because I truly found it to be inspirational, you are a perfect Sunday DOTD! We were both laughing over your love of frogs and the thought of you sitting in the back seat just waiting to go off to work with your human Oh Sammy, I am in love! I am so glad you found such a wonderful and loving forever home. It just goes to show the best gems are often overloooked, but just waiting for the right person to find them at the pound. Thank goodness for the warm hearts who care for them until their forever family can find them. Love and kisses to you, Sammy, Thank you for making my day, and God bless your family for seeing you for the true fur-angel you are!
    ~Marie

Sweet!

Good Morning sweet, sweet Sammy! Your Mom's (and favorite human) glowing tribute to her beautiful boy proves yet again that the combination of patience and love can truly work miracles Many thanks to your fabulous forever family for giving such a dear, darling, deserving doggie a second leash on life! It is only out of the confines of the lonely, often frigthening shelter enviornment, amdist the loving care of a devoted human family that the true heart of the canine can shine! Sammy, you were a diamond in the rough there for the taking and your family is so blessed to have been chosen the lucky recipients of your unconditional love and devotion! Congratulations to our beautiful, most deserving and extra special Sunday Dog of the Day honoree, sweet, sweet Sammy! Love and happy tail wags to you Sammy! I hope you and your proud family enjoy a very happy "top dog" celebration!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, Sammy, you could be my Tucker's twin. Tucker just got groomed this week and he looks exactly like you do in your picture. So we are doubly excited to see you as the Dog of the Day today.

Instant Love....yup, I know of the quality of which you speak, Sammy's mom. And like my Tucker, I'll bet you get a lot of admiring looks and compliments when you step out with Mommy's little boy. Thank you for sharing Sammy with us. Your account of how he arrived in your home put the biggest smile on my face. Such a match which brings together two hearts and souls which fit so perfectly is what Heaven is made of, at least for me. So today, you blessed me with a bit of Heaven. Tucker and I will think of you and Sammy often, as we share our own happy second leash on life, life. And if you, like me, wonder what your baby boy looked like as a puppy, there is a card available at Petsmart with *their puppy picture* on it. It has a red background and *Thinking of you!* in the upper left corner.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

As someone said before me, it is a perfect story for a Sunday Dog of the day!!! I am really impressed!!! I have done volunteer work for an animal shelter, and yes its very true that odds would not be with an animal as sick as Sammy was for adoption. You two are one in a million. Sammy by the looks of him looks very content there in that picture and it sounds as if he rewards you everyday for your effort that you took on to save his life!!! Even if he likes to bring frogs to you (kind of sounds like a cat with a mouse) Give him a big hug for me-SUPER!!!!

What a wonderful handsome boy you are Sammy Kyle! How awesome you found such a loving family to take you home and make you their own.
    Congrats for being Our Adoorable Dog of the Day!

Sammy
    Aw, what a face!!!
    I would never be able to pass you up, sick or not!
    Your story brought tears to my eyes but I'm so glad your mommy and daddy found you. You have a wonderful life now, sweetie! Please have them give you a big hug from me, ok? Congratulations, on being our very deserving and special Dog of the Day today!

Sammy, your story brought tears to my eyes also! Thank goodness you found your loving family ( the kind of family you deserved all along) and are now safe, happy and appreciated for the rest of your life! Have an extra special day, Precious One!

Sammy, I'm so glad you've gotten over the bad part of the beginning of your life. Thank goodness a great person came along and saved you! It's neat having a local dog as DOTD. If your owner ever joins here, maybe Duke and I can come meet you and get pics. I'm glad that you're happy and carefree now which is the only way dogs should be. You were a great DOTD.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

It's the truest 'rescue' of all, when someone adopts a dog that no one else wants at the moment. Maybe the dog has medical problems...like Sammy had.

But the reward for doing so... is to see the blossoming of a wonderful, wonderful dog...like Sammy did.

I wish there were more people in the world like Sammy's family.

The American Cocker Spaniel is a delightful breed...& Sammy, you're a great example.
    Celebrate becoming Dog of the Day with lots of treats & give your family big licky kisses for giving you a new life.

*SIGH* Sammy's mommy wrote one of the most touching, sweetest, inspirational stories about her baby that I've ever read..
    I hope Sammy's Wag-O-Meter keeps on a-ticking for a very very long time!!! Blessings on Sammy and his family!

I've been Boooo'd!