Thread: Future career?

Future career?

I'm almost 21 and I'm in college...I've been thinking alot about my future and what I want to do as a career. My majors are Computer Science and Applied Mathematics. I really dunno if I want to go in those areas anymore. I definately plan on finishing my majors, I feel it would be stupid to just stop now while I'm almost done.

I've thought about teaching, about programming, even thinking about doing something not related to any of those.

I love to groom my min poodle myself and my mom's poodle. I really enjoy animals and I LOVE to work with them. I'm currently trying to get a part time job at Petsmart to be a bather so I can get the feeling of dog grooming down, I think I ight want to do that...

anyone have any suggestions? Anyone a groomer or a programmer or anything of the above things I mentioned...I'm really confused on what I want to do and I'm looking for advice and experienced people so i can question them :-p

thanks!!

Well, I know that if you don't do a job you love, that's a whole lot of years to be unhappy!

However, I'll add that if you want a JOB, programming is HOT.
    Also weight what you want to get from your career. I mean, is the pay a factor. Because programming is certainly going to afford you more than dog grooming. But if you're miserable being a programmer, then it doesn't seem worth it, you know.

Well I started out school as a computer science major. I went into it strictly for the money. I actually did like programming, but not doing it for any of my classes. I became pretty miserable. I had to sit back and evaluate what I wanted in life. I chose happiness and decided to also major in Management.

I've been doing internships and workshops for canine behavior though because that is what I REALLY want to do. Although I won't make as much money as I would if I was a programmer, at least I will be happy.

You've just gotta sit back and think about what you want out of life. The answer will become clear

Good luck!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks for the advice, money is sorta an issue with me, I would like to have enough money to live in a nice house without worrying about bills all the time, I also want horses :-p What I really would love to do is to run a rescue type operation but that costs money and I dunno how to even go about getting it besides working up and saving.

I still can't help but wonder if I could work part time programming and part time grooming! Oi...I don't want to grow up!!