Thread: Secretary

Secretary

Anyone else see this film? I just saw it, and, WOW!!!! I've always loved James Spader, but, never really noticed Maggie Gyllenhaal before this! What an incredible film. Please, if you have seen it, and, have an opinion, let me hear it!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

i haven't seen it

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    i haven't seen it
    And, I'm not the censor of what films you see, but, if I were your parent, I'd not let you see it. It's more for adults. That's why I posted this here in the Dog House. I still recommend it for over 17, for sure.

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Me too!

I also was impressed with this movie! I saw it, and had heard of Maggie before, but never knew 'who' she was. Now whenever I hear she's in a movie I am prompted to see it! I thought it was a very interesting, unique movie. I found myself watching 2 days in a row even! Hehe! But yes, I agree VERY adult in content!

I haven't seen it. But I think I'll try and check it out. I'll let you know what I think when I see it.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Originally posted by guster girl
    And, I'm not the censor of what films you see, but, if I were your parent, I'd not let you see it. It's more for adults. That's why I posted this here in the Dog House. I still recommend it for over 17, for sure.
    lol what's it about?

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    lol what's it about?
    Well, now. It's a romantic comedy, basically. BUT.... it's very very black. It's not a Sleepless in Seattle kinda flick. It's about a young girl who gets a job as a lawyer's secretary, and, they discover eachother's mutual interest in S & M. I'll not go into too much detail, for the simple fact that it will ruin the movie. It's full of surprises, and, I for one, don't want to spoil it. You can look up the film and read what it's about if you want. I absolutely loved it. Maggie Gyllenhaal is so beautiful, she's right up there now with Scarlett Johansson IMO. I will see any movie she's in from this point on.

Thanks, Dogz!