Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Go Visit Tubby and Peanut's House!!!

Let's Go Visit Tubby and Peanut's House!!!

I can't wait! Come on ..... I'll knock....

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK..... anybody HOME!!!????
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Hi everybody, so nice of you to all drop in like this! So lets start the tour out here on the street. As you can see, this is the front of the house. We live in an end unit of a 3 unit townhome building. That’s Terry’s car in the driveway.

So lets get a little closer so you can get a better look at the entryway. That is my “new” flower garden out front. It used to look horrible but we’ve redone it and it now looks wonderful. I just wish the rose bushes were blooming for you.

Now we’re in and this is the entryway. Oh look T & P want to join the tour. Hi Tubby, Hi Peanut.

We’ll start out by checking out the guest wing. The windows you see on the front of the house are for the guest bedroom. This is the hallway leading to there. The guest bathroom is on the right and the bedroom is straight ahead.

This is looking straight ahead as you enter the bathroom.

And this is looking to the right.

We then head into the guest bedroom itself. This is the only room in the house that was allowed to have some color on the walls and the furniture is from Terry’s Grandfather.

This is an antique rocker that my mom re-caned, although you can’t see it because it’s covered by a quilt that my Grandmother made, and Sleepyhead, one of my dolls from when I was a little girl. She was obviously well-loved because she has many bare spots on her.

more......
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

As we leave the guest bedroom, we’ll head into the “great room” or living room. My favorite part of the whole house (besides the backyard) is this room with the huge windows/doors. There are also 2 skylights and this room faces South, so there is an incredible amount of light that comes in!

Here’s another view of the great room showing our hostess, her little house, and the dining room in the background.

And here’s Peanut again, showing off the dining room and the stairs to the loft. The furniture here is from Terry’s Grandmother and this is one of only two rooms that were allowed to have wall paper.

Tubby went to bed so Peanut is happy to show you the walkway that separates the great room from the dining room and makes a good walkway to get from the front door to the kitchen without having to step on carpeting – whew! It’s hard enough keeping it clean with the two kitties much less having to worry about muddy shoes and such. The door straight ahead is the master bedroom and the doorway to the left of the hall tree goes to the guest wing.

From here we go directly into the kitchen. The door you see to the right is right about where Peanut was sitting in the previous pic. The door to the left leads to the utility room. This is the right side of the kitchen.

This is the left of the kitchen.

This is the utility room. The door leads to the garage, and there is also a door to the right that leads to the basement where the litter boxes and T & P’s food is.

And on the other end of the kitchen is the breakfast nook.

more.....
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Which leads us to the backyard. This is looking to the right as you walk out the door.

To the left.

And to the extreme left to show my “nursery” where I coax almost dead plants back to life – and this is also where the catnip is (in the green pot).

And this is the view of the back of the house. I think this is a great pic of the house.

Now we head in and head up to the loft. This is what you see when you first go up. It’s a wreck, but it’s Terry’s office and there’s no cleaning it up – trust me, I’ve tried. You can also see Peanut in her little office. This is where she spends most of the day helping her daddy when Terry is working from home. This is to the right as you come up the stairs.

This is to the left and where we spend most of our time. You can see Tubby’s purr pad on the floor by the railing. When I talk about him sitting in his “crow’s nest” this is where he is. He looks through the railing into the mirror on the opposite wall to see what’s going on in the parts downstairs that he can’t see – smart kitty.

This is to the extreme left. You can see my measly little computer desk way to the left. One of the dormer windows holds our Corvette memorabilia and one holds our Harley memorabilia. I didn’t take individual pics of them because they are both a wreck.

more.....
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Oops, forgot the master suite! Tubby was laying on the unmade bed this morning. I didn’t want to disturb him to make the bed, so this is an “old” pic of the bedroom. This is when we were installing the new wood blinds. Not a great pic, but you get the idea and you can see the intense help Terry is getting. You an also see Tubby’s “box” that my dad made for him to help him jump up to the bed.

And this is the “tie closet” or linen closet on the left and the walk-in closet on the right, and this leads to the master bath.

This is the master bath. To your left there is a deep soaking Jacuzzi tub where I spend lots and lots of time in winter.

There’s one last stop. Since our garage is more a toybox than a garage, here’s a pic of the toybox. Tubby’s second most favorite place in the whole wide world. This is a little bit old since the motorcycle is sold.

That’s all folks. I hope you enjoyed the tour and I hope you come by for real some day soon!
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 06-17-2004 at 08:57 PM.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

What a wonderful tour, and wasn't Peanut a most delightful little hostess!!! I love your home, Debbie... it is so open and bright and gorgeous! I LOVE the white on white, but not in this lifetime for me!!! Thank you so much for inviting us in, and I do hope to see it one day in person!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Again, wowser to another house! So nice. All right, you guys have inspired me to decorate this bare townhouse! Time for pictures on my walls. Maybe I could purchase one a paycheck, assuming I can keep myself from quitting in a raging fit, in the near future. Anyways, I am in love with the Cherrywood cabinets in your kitchen. It is my favorite wood color, and I've been looking for a entertainment center in that color. Thanks Debbie, beautiful house.
    Last edited by CatMama78; 06-18-2004 at 08:15 AM.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

What a beautiful home Debbie! I love all the windows and light. The backyard is also a dream. My favorite part?? The wonderful hostess!! A house is not a home without a kitty - not for me anyway Thank you for the tour!!

Thank you for inviting me in! I think your home is just lovely! I wold die to have such wonderful open and bright windows! I love light! The columns are so pretty, and the arches! I like the bowed front railing on the loft. I like everything! Especially how open and spacious everything is!

Now, for color... hee hee I have an idea. Why not blackmail Terry into color? Tell him that if he doesn't clean up his office area and keep it clean then you're allowed to use whatever wonderful and strong color you like wherever you like! Bwahahahaha

It's simply wonderful. Thank you for letting us visit.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Debbie, your home is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! That loft is sooo big, and I *love* your cherry wood cabinets in the kitchen. Is the loft the only room on the 2nd floor? I also love your living room! Its gorgeous.......so airy and *lighted*. Thanks for sharing your home with us. I was really looking forward to seeing Little Miss Peanut's house.

Debbie, what a beautiful home you have! It is so bright and so clean! And organized!

Thank you for inviting me into your beautiful home! I really appriciate how your hostess showed us around.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

OMG your house is fantastic!! I love the contrast with the rich shiny wood and the neutral colours. It all looks so elegant and also restful and relaxing!!

Your garden is so lush and green as well - I am SO jealous! What are your temperatures like over there?

I'd love to com evisit - to meet all of you face to face, and enjoy a personalised tour from the magnificent T and P

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

It is lovely, Debbie. I could tell immediately, even if I didn't know you, that no dogs live in your house!!!! I'm not sure you guys will ever get a tour of mine. Maybe in 10 years or so! Ha Ha!!

Debbie, thank you so much for the wonderful tour. Your house is beautiful. I am in love with your great room. Mark and I want to put an addition onto our house and make a TV room and those are the doors that I want to each side of a built in entertainment center. Your front garden is beautiful...as is the back yard.

Please also thank Tubby and Peanut as they were both wonderful hosts.

P.S. Can I come play in your toy box????

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08