Thread: I just went to the pet shop... Big Mistake!!!

I just went to the pet shop... Big Mistake!!!

So I walked in and of course head for the bback to see the puppies... there was the CUTEST little dachshund I have ever seen! She was an 8week old female, with mostly red coat and a little bit of black around her back. So of course... I had to hold her. Another big mistake! I fell in love with her the second I picked her up! She started licking my face and fingers.... She was such a little doll! So after about 10 minutes with her I had to put her baack.. didnt want to get too attached! So she is back in her cage and she came over to the window and started playing with a ball and started rolling it to me! I just wanted to take her home with me and get her out of the little cage! My heart just melted when she started playing with the ball!

Sorry for rambling on... I just had to share!

-Carly

If you're looking for another dog, go to the shelter and see those ones, they're just as cute!

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Remember....most puppies in petstores come from puppy mills. And shelters are packed to the brim with many purebreds, and you'll be saving a life that way!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

If you still want a Dachshund why don't you go and get one from a Dachshund rescue organization?

I can't help but do that too when I'm at the mall. I saw the cutest little blue merle Sheltie I've ever seen at the pet store. They're one of the better pet stores I've seen but I still kept telling myself that I'd only be supporting bad breeders (and not to mention that if I really wanted another Sheltie, I could have gotten one for half the price from a responsible breeder).

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

i know I was not thinking of actually buying one from a petstore I was just in browsing around for toys actually lol.... but when I saw that little face I just melted! But if I do get a dog/puppy I will most likely get it from a shelter! plus dogs from petstores are VERY expensive! (that puppy was $700!!!)

Re: I just went to the pet shop... Big Mistake!!!

Originally posted by swimma253
    So of course... I had to hold her. Another big mistake! I fell in love with her the second I picked her up!

So after about 10 minutes with her I had to put her baack.. didnt want to get too attached!

I just wanted to take her home with me and get her out of the little cage!
    i'm the very exact way!!!! i love to go to pet stores to visit the pups/kitties/animals and to get whatever i came there to get.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

It's so hard to go somewhere that has puppies and not do that, I just want to hold them all and take them all home, save them you know. But yeah... awwww! lol Same thing at a shelter though, I wanna take them all home and save them!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*