Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazels Prognosis :-(

Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. Will keep good thoughts and prayers.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Im so sorry..

Like I said in my other post, I am so sorry and I am praying for you. I agree with the others, follow you instincts, they never lie. God will help you on your way, and I am sure your decision for the surgery was the right one. So try not to stress out and just know that you are doing everything you can to make Hazel's life a fullfilling one. Good luck to you and Hazel *hugs*.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Oh honey, I'm sorry.

I'll be praying only for good things to come out of this surgery on Thursday.

Hazel...we're praying for you, sweetie.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Poor Hazel You are all in my prayers.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

The Found Cats,are sending Prayers,taht thier Friend Hazel,can pull through,and be a Happy Healthy Cat,Again!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I seem to be reading these threads in reverse order but nevertheless, do not second guess your decision.

On the one hand, if they go in and find 2 bad kidneys, she will leave you without further pain. And NOT doing the surgery (because she seems fine on and off) will not change what is already inside her.

On the other hand, if they go in and find 1 bad kidney, they can remove it and she won't be having the pain she has been having. And you will be giving her a chance that she would not have without the surgery.

Only God knows how sick she is right now. After surgery, the doctors will also know and there will be no question that the right thing will be done. You won't wonder IF you should put her to sleep to stop her suffering......IF you should try to let her alone to see if she can fight it off herself.........they will SEE what is there and KNOW.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    I seem to be reading these threads in reverse order but nevertheless, do not second guess your decision.

On the one hand, if they go in and find 2 bad kidneys, she will leave you without further pain. And NOT doing the surgery (because she seems fine on and off) will not change what is already inside her.

On the other hand, if they go in and find 1 bad kidney, they can remove it and she won't be having the pain she has been having. And you will be giving her a chance that she would not have without the surgery.

Only God knows how sick she is right now. After surgery, the doctors will also know and there will be no question that the right thing will be done. You won't wonder IF you should put her to sleep to stop her suffering......IF you should try to let her alone to see if she can fight it off herself.........they will SEE what is there and KNOW.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    Jen
    This is basically what the Dr.'s said. I guess the selfish part of me is questioning this decision. I don't want to lose her so soon. I think she may last longer without surgery, but I know this has got to be the way.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor Little Hazel,you Friends,The Found Cats,are Praying,for You,to pull through,and be a Happy Cat again,so we can have Fun,at Our Partees,with you! Please Get Well!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Today's the day. Lisa, just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you and praying for Hazel. No matter what the outcome, you're doing the right thing. I'm thinking positive and am confident her one kidney will be ok and she'll be home in no time.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh thank you! I'm so nervous, and my poor husband has to be the one to wait by the phone. I just couldn't do it. I held and kissed her this morning, and she just purred and purred. I will let everyone know as soon as we hear anything. I didn't sleep very well last night and already feel exhausted.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor Hazel and poor you! I hope everything works out.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Prayers and thoughts for Hazel. Good luck sweetie.

From Decker with Love

Lisa, I am so sorry you have to go through this! I am praying for you and sweet little Hazel.

Autumn
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Best wishes to poor little Hazel!!! I'm thinking of you!!!

Kirsten

I have been trying to check in as often as possible today. My prayers and thoughts have been with you all today. Please let us have some good news soon.
    God Bless you all. {{{HUGS}}}