Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazels Prognosis :-(

Hazels Prognosis :-(

Things are not looking good for Hazel. I just want to cry. They feel it's her kidney's and they may need to do exploratory surgery. They said if the one kidney is bad they could remove it as long as the other one is working. If not, Hazel will not pull through. I'm just so sick.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'll be hoping and praying that at least one kidney is good for her. Come on Hazel, you're a survivor, you can do this!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh no! Por Hazel, poor you! How long til they know whther the other kidney is ok?

Originally posted by catnapper
    Oh no! Por Hazel, poor you! How long til they know whther the other kidney is ok?
    They won't know this until they actually do the surgery. If they go in there and neither kidney is good, they will not wake Hazel up. I just don't know what to do? I wish I wasn't at work so I could just go home and cry.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry! Hugs and prayers that Hazel's one kidney is healthy!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm sorry to hear about Hazel. Am sending lots of good wishes that she makes it through this {{{hugs}}}.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Oh no...awfully sad to hear this. Poor Hazel girl.

Any idea when the surgery might be? Is she still at the vet's?

Hoping for the best here.

Oh Gosh Lisa, my heart is breaking for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Prayers on the way that Hazel has at least one good kidney.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with sweet Hazel and for you too.

Lisa, I just saw this update, and your newest post about the surgery. Please remember how hard you've fought to help this girl. We all have her in our prayers.

Keep your chin up. You've given her every possible chance, ones she would not have had otherwise.

Logan

Originally posted by Logan
    Lisa, I just saw this update, and your newest post about the surgery. Please remember how hard you've fought to help this girl. We all have her in our prayers.

Keep your chin up. You've given her every possible chance, ones she would not have had otherwise.

Logan
    Thank you so much. This is all just so depressing. Hazel hasn't been in our lives long, but she sure has touched our hearts in a huge way.

Oh Lisa I'm heartbroken. Poor Hazel and poor you. I'm so sorry to hear this but I'm not giving up hope on this sweet girl. PT prayers are going out for Hazel. I hope and pray that hazel is our next PT miracle.
    I certainly second Logan's words. You have done more for Hazel in this short amount of time than anyone has probably ever done for her before. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Now I'm fretting if we're making the right decision about surgery. She seems fine this evening and it makes me have doubts.

Lisa, I can only offer (((HUGS))) and my support that you will make the best decision for Hazel. I'm so sorry.

Prayers on the way.

From Decker with Love

Lisa don't start second guessing yourself. You follow your gut instinct and you will do the right thing. Deep down inside you know Hazel and you know if it's serious enough to warrant this surgery. We all know that you will make the right decision. Do what you think is right for Hazel and it will be the right thing to do.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and sweet Hazel.