Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazel Goes For Surgery

Hazel Goes For Surgery

Hazel goes in Thursday morning for surgery. There are no guarantees at this point in time. We opted to go with the surgery since Hazel is not getting any better. She's losing weight and just can't continue like this. We're all so stressed and do not feel good about this.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Good luck, Hazel!!!!! Get well for your meowmie, please. She is so worried.

We're praying HARD!!!!!!

I don't blame you for being so stressed and upset. I would be worried sick too. We are praying hard for Hazel and you guys too. Keep us posted.

I just hope we've made the right decision here. I keep questioning myself.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Lisa ... I cannot imagine the agony you are feeling at this moment. I am sure you went by the advice of your veterinarian, and that is all you can do. Please try and find peace in knowing you are doing everything medically possible for dear Hazel, and the rest is God's will for her.

((((HUGS))))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sending Prayers and positive thoughts your way.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Prayers from me also!

I am also praying for your poor sweet baby. I hope all goes well and she has many more years to come. Please take care of yourself and know that we all will bethinking about you here @ PT. *Hugs*

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Prayers and good thoughts! My little RB tiger had one kidney her whole life and she did OK! Here's hoping for the best for Hazel.

Originally posted by AbbyMom
    Prayers and good thoughts! My little RB tiger had one kidney her whole life and she did OK! Here's hoping for the best for Hazel.
    This is promising news! They know one kidney is bad, but not sure about the other one until the surgery. One thing Hazel has against her is her age.

I don't imagine I'll be getting much sleep tonight, and tomorrow I'm suppose to be training someone on doing my "old" job. Not what I exactly need right now.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Prayers from Alaska to you and Hazel. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Please let Hazel,get well,Lord,The Found Cats,are praying,for thier Pal!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by K & L
    I just hope we've made the right decision here. I keep questioning myself.
    Nothing to question, Lisa. You said yourself she is losing weight and vomiting blood. How long do you think she would last if you didn't do something? This way at least she has a chance at a good life whereas if you did nothing, she would just keep going downhill with a deteriorating quality of life. You're doing the best thing possible for her, just don't ever forget that, no matter what the outcome!

Is she home now until tomorrow morning? If so, please give her hugs and smoochies from me and let her know that all of PT is praying for her. PT prayers have done miracles before, and hopefully they'll come through again.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

We will keep our paws and fingers crossed for Hazel

Paws and fingers crossed for Hazel, get better soon little one!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Nothing to question, Lisa. You said yourself she is losing weight and vomiting blood. How long do you think she would last if you didn't do something? This way at least she has a chance at a good life whereas if you did nothing, she would just keep going downhill with a deteriorating quality of life. You're doing the best thing possible for her, just don't ever forget that, no matter what the outcome!

Is she home now until tomorrow morning? If so, please give her hugs and smoochies from me and let her know that all of PT is praying for her. PT prayers have done miracles before, and hopefully they'll come through again.
    Thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom. It's hard to not question whether this is the right thing since one day she'll seem just fine, and the next it's awful. I sure appreciate this input! It does make me feel better with the decision.

Yes, she is home right now. They offered to let her stay until tomorrow morning at no charge, but we wanted her with us. It could be our last special moments if this isn't successful. We're both very scared and pessimistic right now. Let's pray her other kidney is functioning and all will be well. Hazel sure touched our hearts in a HUGE way.