Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saying Goodbye: A New Beginning

Saying Goodbye: A New Beginning

This past Thursday was a sad day for Donna(moosmom). She's been having to rehome some of her cats. I've adopted Doogie. I met her near Findlay Ohio while I was on vacation to pick up Doogie. I wanted to stay and talk for a bit but it was so windy, rainy and cold that we just made the switch very quickly. She already had him loaded in the kennel but I asked her if she would like a pic with him. I swear, I just almost started crying. Here she is giving her guy a final hug goodbye.

He is such a sweet kitty. Purrs a lot!
    Here Duke is getting introduced to him. Donna didn't lie when she said Doogie was laid back. Nothing bothers him. Duke was curious about him and did a lot of sniffing. They're already becoming good buddies.

I think this is so cute

I just love this one! Isn't he a doll? I'm thinking of calling him Garfield, if he can get used to it. Duke sometimes thinks I'm calling him when I say Doogie. Don't know what to do. But, with all that cat, I think Garfield would be a great name

I just can't believe how well they are getting along! Yesterday, Doogie slept by my head purring and Duke was at my feet. Was a wonderful nap. I love being woken up by loud kitty purrs. Have missed that for so long. I'll be glad when he can get settled in here. I made a hasty sig. I didn't get here until about midnight and it's now 1:45am. I'm pooped. Just thought everyone would want a few pics before I went to bed.
    Last edited by dukedogsmom; 11-15-2004 at 12:53 AM.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Absolutely ADORABLE pictures!!! How cute Doogie and Duke are together! (hugs) Donna .... I know it was hard saying goodbye, but what a great choice in a new home you made!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

This brought me to tears... ! That last hug needs no words, it speaks for itself. You have a great heart Donna!!!

The bonding with Duke is heartwarming! Wow, those two are made for being together!! I agree, the name Doogie sounds to much like "doggie". I think that Duke is confused, as I am sure you call him "my doggie" often . The name "Garfield" sounds perfect to me!! Hurray for Duke & Garfield, 2 new "furever buddies"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

This is exactly what I was hoping to see, Val!!! Thank you. Can't believe that Doogie and Duke are already doing so well together!!!!

Oh my gracious I have tears in my eyes! What a wonderful kitty Doogie is to except the changes so easily. Donna this has to make you feel absolutely wonderful! I know it was hard to say goodbye but you could not have sent Doogie to a better home.

All the pictures where fantastic but this has to be my favorite

Are you sure he hasn't lived with you forever?
    I'm so glad that Donna and all of us PT'ers who love Doogie will be able to keep up with him and see lots of pictures.
    {{{HUGS}}} to you, Doogie, and that adorable Duke!

I also had tears any my eyes when I saw you Donna hugging Doogie.

However they turned into tears of joy when I saw Doogie with Duke The Chinese would say they must have been close friends in a former life

Aww. Best of friends already! How sweet.

They look like they've always been together.

What a couple of beauties. I am glad that they are getting along so well. Garfield would suit him to a T.

WOW, they already look like best buds!!!

So glad that you could take Doogie for Donna. I'm sure that she's happy that Doogie is going to such an excellent home! And it looks like Doogie is quite happy also!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Val,

Thank you so much for the best gift you could've given me!!! I am sobbing right now because, although I miss Doogie very much (my house seems so empty), I know in my heart he is where he belongs. I knew this would work out.

I've copied the picture me and Doogie and have made a background of it.

This picture is priceless!!

Thank you Val. You are now an official meowmie!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Val,

Its so nice to see a cat adjust well to his new home. You are so wonderful to take him in.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Those are some wonderful pictures. Donna, I am so glad that you are able to find purrfect home for your beloved kitties. I know it must seem lonesome but you can't do any better than you are doing!!! ((((Donna))))
    Val- those are sweet pictures and you are so caring to get them posted so quickly. Duke is a great brother to Doogie/Garfield already

AWWWWWWW! Tears and smiles all in the same thread. I LOVE IT Once again we prove we really are one huge happy family. The looks on Duke's and Doogie/Garfield's dear faces say it all.

What a wonderful story,and we are glad,to see Duke,and Doogie,hitting,it off so well,and bless you,the Orange Found Cat Organization,says that you can never go wrong,with An Orange Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Wow, that picture of Donna and Doogie is a heartbreaker! But then I know Donna is happy that Doogie got such a good home.

Then we come to the picture of Doogie looking up at Duke like she loves him already, makes the heart feel good!

Val, you are a meowmie! And doesn't it feel wonderful?

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!