Thread: Found a kitten!

Found a kitten!

It's another black cat, she has 3 white spots I think, very scared because she's a stray. I think she's about 3-4 weeks old, we stuck some wet food in there to see if she'll mess with it but tomorrow we'll probably go out and get some formula, I'd love to put her in with Bonita and her kittens but I don't think it would be safe, how could I go along doing that? We named her Aubrey by the way. Also there are a lot of black cats running around my neighborhood so I think Bonita and Aubrey are related.

Last edited by animal_rescue; 05-06-2005 at 11:10 PM.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Yup, definitely kitten season. My neighbour brought me a little 4 week old kitty tonight, that she found in her yard. He is all gray.

Bless you for helping this little one.
    A little black beauty for sure.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Aww...she's so little! I'm glad you found her...its not safe outside for such a little baby.

Thanks for taking care of her. Can't wait to see how she likes her food.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Aubrey's my granddaughters name. I'll have to tell her to log-in and check this one out! Precious little one!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I would try and put her in with the mama cat and see if she starts to nurse. First, I'd rub mama cat down with a towel and then take the same towel and rub the kitten with it. It's worth a shot.

Let me know how you make out. What a cuuuuttttiiiieeee pie!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well, Bonita has taken to the kitten very well, but Aubrey is really scared she keeps hiding behind the litter box, poor girl.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

we don't know what that little one went through while she was outside...bt it's good that momma Bonita took to the baby so well. Give little Aubrey some time she is most likely to bond to Bonita first and then when she sees the other kitties trust you then Aubrey too will come around. Thanks for taking her in and saving her little life.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Bless you for taking this little one in. She obviously needs loving care. Keep us posted.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I