Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am starting to really hate men!

I am starting to really hate men!

Dating in your 30's sucks. It think the joke is true: How are men like parking spaces? All the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped! LOL

I have tried the online dating thing. Matchmaker.com is full of men just trying to get lucky.

I am now trying a christian site. Met a guy and we dated for about 4 weeks. All of a sudden, he disapears into the wild blue yonder. And we really seemed to hit it off. I don't get it.

The only reason that I tried the online dating thing is because I am a single mom and my day consists of working and going home to fight fires there. LOL So I am at work, home or church basically.

I think I give up! LOL

Sorry guys, just needed to vent!

~ Aki
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Re: I am starting to really hate men!

Originally posted by aki

I think I give up! LOL

~ Aki

When you look for trouble, you'll find it.
    It's better to sit back and let trouble find you!

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Ha!!! I gave up dating 10 years ago and have vowed to remain single until the day I die. I love my single life and wouldn't change a thing. Besides, have you ever gone on to Lavalife and searched for someone between 55 and 65 who's a non-smoker with no kids?? I'd have a better chance at winning the lotto.

Enjoy the life you have and spend as much time as you can with your children. They grow up way too fast.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

One big thing for me is I don't want any more kids. I have a 15 y/o already.

Seems like a lot of men in their 30's are just starting to want a family.

I truly love the single life, but one day my dear daughter will go away to college and have her own life. i guess I just don't want to be alone.

~ Aki
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller

The older you get, the harder it gets, too. I'll soon be 41 and have given up. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. It's much easier and safer on your heart to just stay away.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh and LOL Richard. Trouble seems to find me whether I look for it or not!

I've dated everywhere between 2 years younger than me to my current boyfriend whos just turned 50. aaand guess what? they *all* suck, the only difference in them is that the older ones know how to hide their immaturity better until youve moved in together, gotten engaged, etc...

my current bf knows if we ever break up its the end for me. I have no interest in any more relationships.

Aki,

After years of being dumped by guys, I've finally given up. My saying is, "The more I know men, the more I love my cats."

I tried the "singles ads". I have a real problem looking for a guy on the internet. I suggest you read the book "Likes Music, Loves to Dance" by Mary Higgins Clark. It'll give you a new outlook on singles ads.

At the age of 52, I'm finally content with the way my life is. If by chance I meet someone, fine. If not, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

The only man in my life right now has 4 legs, a tail and no fur!! He's there for me everyday, loves me unconditionally and only asks that I take care of him. Works for me!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The lesson you're learning is one I wish I would've learned a long time ago. Now I'm stuck in a relationship I hate and I'm miserable. I would give just about anything to have what some of these ladies have... Freedom.

Dick and I have been together almost 23 years and I love him to death, but I've told him that if something happens to him - I'm NOT doing this again. I'll just live with my doggies. They are a lot less work and give a lot more back - higher rate of return.

I agree with Richard.

You're trying too hard. Put your trust in God and let him take care of putting you at the right place at the right time. Forget dating and just meet guys, become friends and take it from there. When you know someone on a friendly level first, you get to know the real side of them instead of the "game" put on in a dating relationship where you're both trying to impress each other. Friends are more open, honest, and comfortable with each other. If you can be friends with a guy first, you can make it more later. If you're daughter is anything like I was at her age, no man will be good enough for you and it probably stresses her to see different men coming and going from your life. I had to deal with it with both of my parents.
    Slick is right, spend time with your daughter now, because she will be gone later. My mom gave up on the dating thing a while back and focused more on me and we have a great relationship because of it. So now when I do move out, I'll still be around because she was there for me instead of trying to find a man for herself.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

Originally posted by Pit Chick

You're trying too hard. Put your trust in God and let him take care of putting you at the right place at the right time. Forget dating and just meet guys, become friends and take it from there. When you know someone on a friendly level first, you get to know the real side of them instead of the "game" put on in a dating relationship where you're both trying to impress each other. Friends are more open, honest, and comfortable with each other. If you can be friends with a guy first, you can make it more later. If you're daughter is anything like I was at her age, no man will be good enough for you and it probably stresses her to see different men coming and going from your life. I had to deal with it with both of my parents.
    That is some wonderful advice. I agree with everything you said 100% and you put it very well. For me, the only way to have a good, solid relationship is to start as friends and let it naturally develop.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    That is some wonderful advice. I agree with everything you said 100% and you put it very well. For me, the only way to have a good, solid relationship is to start as friends and let it naturally develop.
    Ditto to this and to Pit Chick. I was also in my 30's before I met Terry. I had given up on looking and decided I needed to live my own life the way I wanted to. I like motorcycles, so instead of sitting at home listening to them go by on the street and moping about how I didn't have a guy to ride behind, I went out and got my motorcycle license and my own bike! I found some single friends who also had motorcycles and we had a ball going all over the country with our bikes. One morning we were on a breakfast run and there's was a "new" guy sitting at the end of the table. Saw him a few more times and eventually started dating him - casually though. Usually with the motorcycles and/or friends were involved. It eventually grew to me moving in and we've now been together for 10 years.

So, my advice is to quit trying. Live your life and do the things you enjoy and eventually it will happen - and it will be better than if you tried to force it. Also, when your daughter goes away to college that will free up a whole lot of time for you and you can start pursuing interests that you have let go by the wayside since you don't have much time. It's entirely possible that at that time you will find it easier to find and maintain a relationship.

I say forget about men. Don't hate them, just forget about them and let them find you. The right one will show up when you're least expecting it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks for all the advise guys!

Yeah the man in my house is a fuzz-butt too! LOL

Oh and thanks for letting me rant. I needed that~

I'm only in my early 30's but I DO know what you mean. Before I met my husband, I swore I'd never meet a man who was right for me. People always said my standards were too high. (EXCUSE me for knowing what would make me happy! And I DID find a man who met ALL those standards) I met hubby online. He has everyting emotionally I was looking for, but nothing physically, but he's absolutely perfect for me.

What online dating taught me was this: Don't discount somebody because he's "not my type". If I met hubby on the street, I would have kept walking by and missed the best thing that ever happend to me. I'm telling you, he's far from the image of the man I'd figure I'd spend my life with... big Santa Claus Belly, crooked teeth (I have a thing about perfect teeth ), etc. But since I knew him first through his emails to me, I got to know his heart first and gave him a chance. Best chance I ever gave somebody!

Now, I'm not saying everyone has the same success from online dating as I did... I know its VERY scary with the weirdoes out there. I was VERY lucky to have met him almost right away (he was the third guy I met from online) But you can apply the lesson in life. You might not have ever noticed the shy guy in the cubicle on the second floor of your office, but maybe if you open your eyes a little differently you can see something in somebody you'd never have looked at before. And sometimes stepping out of your normal box is what it takes to find the right guy with the right fit for you.