This past week I have seen a kitten run through my neighbors yard a few times, and when I saw her at Wal-Mart yesterday she asked if I was missing a kitten because she had accidently locked one in her garage for several days and she she found it last weekend, but it ran off when she opened the door. I saw this kitten in the bushes when I was hanging out clothes today. It's looks just like my Oliver who found me a year ago, in almost the same way. I moved and it ran off, but I saw the exact markings as oliver, except the kitten is terribly thin. I would guess he's 4-5 months old by his size, but starving kittens dont grow like healthy ones.
Well, (it's 11pm) and it just climbed up on my front door screen. I went outside and it ran under the car, so I sat on the ground and weowed to it like a newborn kitten would sound (this works everytime to bring them to me) It took about 15 minutes of meowing and he finally came out to me, and another 15 minutes before I could reach out and touch him. I started to softly pet him and he was very shy, but kind of liked it. Another 15 minutes untill I could really pet him and feel all his bones and all the burrs in his fur, and he was starting to warm up to me a little. Since I was on the ground and down at his level...I stupidly tried to gently pull him closer to me...and he bit down on my wrist hard leaving puncture wounds and it's bleeding alot now. He then ran away and into the bushes again. Now he's back hanging on my screen again. My husband, who isnt as soft hearted as I am, but who has graciously let me bring 5 other rescues into our home, and is continually fixing screens, furniture, woodwork, and everything else around here, is saying NO! Leave it alone, we cant have anymore cats here! My heart is breaking for this poor little guy, he's so hungry! And he's so dirty, and I could see fleas on him, and terrible ear mites. I spend sooooo much money at the vets office already! This little guy would have to be quarantined some place for a month to clean him up, before and if I could find him a good home...and the cost of it. I normally wouldnt even think about the cost, but with my 5 cats here, and my 10 barn cats at my parents place, and my dog Goose's $3,000 vet bill 6 months ago only to lose him in the end to cancer, and Buck's hip check last week was $279.00, I cant afford this little kitten right now! What do I do???? Why do these kittens always seek me out? Why cant people just spay and neuter their cats!

I'm sorry to rant and rave on like this, and how long this post has gotten. But I hate this situation....and it's seems to happen alot!