Thread: Another kitten has found me..oooh my

Another kitten has found me..oooh my

This past week I have seen a kitten run through my neighbors yard a few times, and when I saw her at Wal-Mart yesterday she asked if I was missing a kitten because she had accidently locked one in her garage for several days and she she found it last weekend, but it ran off when she opened the door. I saw this kitten in the bushes when I was hanging out clothes today. It's looks just like my Oliver who found me a year ago, in almost the same way. I moved and it ran off, but I saw the exact markings as oliver, except the kitten is terribly thin. I would guess he's 4-5 months old by his size, but starving kittens dont grow like healthy ones.
    Well, (it's 11pm) and it just climbed up on my front door screen. I went outside and it ran under the car, so I sat on the ground and weowed to it like a newborn kitten would sound (this works everytime to bring them to me) It took about 15 minutes of meowing and he finally came out to me, and another 15 minutes before I could reach out and touch him. I started to softly pet him and he was very shy, but kind of liked it. Another 15 minutes untill I could really pet him and feel all his bones and all the burrs in his fur, and he was starting to warm up to me a little. Since I was on the ground and down at his level...I stupidly tried to gently pull him closer to me...and he bit down on my wrist hard leaving puncture wounds and it's bleeding alot now. He then ran away and into the bushes again. Now he's back hanging on my screen again. My husband, who isnt as soft hearted as I am, but who has graciously let me bring 5 other rescues into our home, and is continually fixing screens, furniture, woodwork, and everything else around here, is saying NO! Leave it alone, we cant have anymore cats here! My heart is breaking for this poor little guy, he's so hungry! And he's so dirty, and I could see fleas on him, and terrible ear mites. I spend sooooo much money at the vets office already! This little guy would have to be quarantined some place for a month to clean him up, before and if I could find him a good home...and the cost of it. I normally wouldnt even think about the cost, but with my 5 cats here, and my 10 barn cats at my parents place, and my dog Goose's $3,000 vet bill 6 months ago only to lose him in the end to cancer, and Buck's hip check last week was $279.00, I cant afford this little kitten right now! What do I do???? Why do these kittens always seek me out? Why cant people just spay and neuter their cats!

I'm sorry to rant and rave on like this, and how long this post has gotten. But I hate this situation....and it's seems to happen alot!

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible"

Things always have a way of working out...be it fate or coincidence I dont know. The answer was brought to me in the form of a big black tom cat tonight(it is now 2:30am). Yes, he struck again, this time it was the poor little guy outside on my porch. He has hurt him. I took out food and warm milk(I know milk is bad for cats, but this is the exception) and he ate like a vacuum cleaner, while I sat beside him. I have the pet taxi made into a bed for him right out side the front door, and I'll sleep on the couch for as long as it takes. And I will rid that black cat now anyway I can.
    My good boys(the ones that are allowed outside) have taken him under their wing and seem to be sitting guard for him. They never raised a hair on their tails when first meeting him. Max trotted by him at first, and I do believe he thought it was Oliver, because after he passed him, he suddenly stopped, twirled around and stared at poor little guy and then sniffed him. He's been 3 steps behind him there after and will just sit behind him when he stops. It's been very heart warming to watch, and very heart breaking at the same time. Poor little guy will be part of my fur family as will all the rest of the lost stray kittens that come to my door. As fate should have it.

Poor little guy.
    Please have him tested ASAP.

Thank you for your big heart.

Jennsen,

Please be careful with the cat bite, as they can be VERY dangerous!! Wash the puncture would out with peroxide, put some antibiotic ointment on it and keep an eye on it. If you find that a red patch appears and starts moving up your arm, get to the emergency room right away!!! It's nothing to take lightly, as I've been bitten several times.

I'm sorry hubby isn't as soft as you are when it comes to strays. This kitten definitely needs help. But after 10 years of cat rescue, I, myself, have had to say "You can't save them all!"

Just yesterday at work, my boss was laughing, telling me there was a yard sale at a house down the street from the funeral home. In the front was a sign that said, "Free kittens!!" I wanted to hop in my car and go look, but decided not to. There comes a point when you have to say enough.

Maybe hubby would be receptive to TNR?? Then just keep feeding the kitty???

Good luck, girl!! I commend you!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Over the past couple of days I've been watching this little kitten, and things are starting to add up! A Family moved in down the road from me about 3 months ago and are renting. The father is never home, leaving the mother to care for 4 children ages 6mo- 6yrs old. The mother starts screaming at those poor kids in the morning and quits at bedtime, which has been an issue with all the neighbors around here. The father came over to tell me my cat Max has been using the landlords garden for a kitty litter. It seemed strange to hear this because Max is 15 yrs old and sleeps all day long. Well, back to this kitten...It's been eating here, and goes right back to my renting neighbor's porch. It's their kitten! And I'm assuming it's the one using the garden, and they blamed it on my Max when the landlord questioned them about it! This poor kitten and the poor kids are so dirty and unkept! What can I do about this without making an enemy and risk them harming the kitten out of anger?

First thing I would do is take the kitten in. If they ask you if you've seen it say no.

Then I'd call Children's Services. You can do it anonymously. Those kids need serious help as does the kitten!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I would take the kitten in if I could near it...He's not afraid to come right up to me when I have the food for him. He inhales it like a little vacuum and then runs away, and over to their porch, where the little kids are all around him and talking to him and he seems very comfortable with them. He will let me sit by him while he eats, but I've been biten twice now when I've tried to pet him. I cleaned the bites very well and there's no infection present and are healing just fine, so I'm not worried...I've had alot worse bites than this little guy can do, he's just scared, and starving!

What I cant understand is how these people cannot see his bones, or his mite infested ears(they're black all the way to the tips) or his dirty matted fur and dirt caked nose and goopy eyes! But their children look as bad as this kitten...There's a Children's Social Services car there once a week already. We dont have a Humane Society or any other animal help organizations here, so we are pretty much on our own when it comes to helping abused or neglected animals....that's why my house and barn are full and my husband is saying NO MORE. I guess I will always keep food out for him as long as he's coming here looking for it. I cant stand to see a starving animal!!!