Thread: Georgia kittens transport ASAP!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Georgia kittens transport ASAP!!!

I'm in Alaska so I can't help. I'm crossposting from another website. Any southerners around that can help these kittens?
    Lisa

Contact the coordinator Barbra directly off the list at:
    [email protected]

Because time is of the essence please include your phone numbers.

There is going to be a mass euthanasia in GA TOMORROW. I spoke with the shelter and told them I will empty 6 cages for them (hopefully freeing up enough room that not only will these babies be saved, but will leave room for others to be saved as well). They need to be pulled from this high kill shelter immediately. They are out of time. We will pull them and board them if we can get this transport arranged. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

I need to get some idea TODAY if we will be able to get this run filled. If so, then I will pull them TODAY and they will be saved.

All kitties will be tested and negative for FIV and FeLV, UTD on vaccinations, wormed, given a flea treatment and any that are old enough will be altered before transport.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please don't think someone else will do it!
    Carriers will be provided.

The rescue group is Kitty ResQ http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY413.html

Please let me know what leg(s) you could drive.

Saturday August 27th, 2005LEG 1: Cartersville, GA to Atlanta, GA ****NEEDED**** 43.1 miles (1 hour) 7:00am to 8:00am

LEG 2: Atlanta, GA to Commerce, GA ****NEEDED**** 69.33 miles (1 hour, 13 minutes) 8:10am to 9:15am

LEG 3: Commerce, GA to Spartanburg, SC ****NEEDED**** 107.91 miles (1 hours 55 minutes) 9:25am 11:20am

LEG 4: Spartanburg, SC to Charlotte, NC ****NEEDED**** 77 miles (1 hour, 20 minutes) 11:30am 12:50pm

LEG 5: Charlotte, NC to Greensboro, NC Filled
    84 miles (1 hour, 30 minutes) 1:00pm to 2:30pm

LEG 6: Greensboro, NC to Durham, NC Filled
    64 miles (1 hour, 10 minutes) 2:40pm to 3:50pm

LEG 7: Durham, NC to South Hill, VA ****NEEDED**** 73 miles (1 hour, 10 minutes) 4:00pm to 5:10pm

LEG 8: South Hill, VA to Richmond, VA ****NEEDED****
    80 miles (1 hour, 20 minutes) 5:20pm to 6:40pm

LEG 9: Richmond, VA to Burke, VA ****NEEDED**** 95 miles (1 hour, 45 minutes) 6:50pm 8:35pm

L 10 ---- OVERNIGHT Filled

Sunday August 28th, 2005

LEG 11: Burke, VA to Baltimore, MD Filled
    59 miles (1 hour, 5 minutes)
    8:30am to 9:35am

LEG 12: Baltimore, MD to Wilmington, DE ****NEEDED****
    68 miles (1 hour, 30 minutes) 9:45am to 11:15am

LEG 13: Wilmington, DE to Woodbridge, NJ Filled
    102 miles (1 hour, 40 minutes)
    11:25am to 1:05pm

LEG 14: Woodbridge, NJ to Long Beach, NY ****NEEDED**** 42.75 miles (1 hour, 20 minutes) 12:45pm to 2:05pm

Thanks, Barbra
    >^..^<
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

People looked for months to find a siamese kittens?? I don't understand why these helpless little babies are being put to sleep? Is there no foster homes in their area that are NO KILL? I have tears in my eyes thinking about the fate of those little guys. I feel helpless since I have a bad location?? I don't understand Just looking at my little 3 month old kitten for which I had a long hard look for and I see so much love and comfort and I ask why are these being put to sleep? When they could be enriching someones life seems just so heartless I think its time for me to get off the couch and look around I don't see this sort of thing happening in my area all of the shelters are NO KILL. All I can say is its SAD

*I've been Boo'd*

Blog Entries

Georgia kittens

My heart breaks reading your notice regarding mass euthanasia of healthy felines [and I conclude, healthy animals, all species]. If we lived remotely near Georgia we would help.

We are worried silly about not only the people who are suffering the disaster named Katrina but also all of the pets.

In memory of our beloved Sasha, a rescued pet, we will make a donation to our local SPCA. If anyone knows of an agency like the SPCA taking donations for rescue of animals affected by Katrina, please post so we can contribute in Sasha's memory.

Susan [KatMa] and Murray [Paw-Paw]
    Montreal, Canada

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore