Thread: #8

Thought that would get your attention!

Today we were discussing Elfie, and her leg. Its quite sad to see her walk. Her whole hip dips to the floor when she walks. Its as if she wants to use the leg that is not there You can see how it messes with her spine and the vet is very worried she'll have major spinal problems later in life. Then she not only dips, she twists her back right leg so far under her that it ends up on the left side --- is she trying to compensate and put the leg as a central pivot/balance point? I can't see that being much good for very long. I imagine that will cause a myriad of issues in itself in a few years.

I just can't see many people willing to adopt a kitten knowing full-well that she'll have life-long health issues. And most likely, these lifelong issues will be expensive.... medicines, surgeries, etc.

It breaks my heart! At this precise moment, she is sitting on my shoulder purring her heart out.

Grant looked at me after discussing what the vet says regarding her future of lifelong problems related to the missing leg, and said "well I guess you've got yourself a 3 legger." That one sentence made my heart soar with hope that I get to keep her, but it also made me realize I am totally in love with her already! I suddenly realized with immense clarity that as sweet and loving as they are -- I have the capacity to love them ALL. I will love them as long as they stay with me. If that means I foster them for another month or 6 years.... they will be loved and cared for the duration of their stay. But I need to keep them as fosters so that I can continue loving these wonderful little creatures that need me so much!

I TOO,HAVE FOUND THAT CAPACITY,TO LOVE NOT ONLY,THE FOUND CATS,BUT THE STARRY CATS,THE PORCH CATS,WHO COME BY,AND WANT NOTHING,MORE TAN A TREAT,SOME CAT NIP,OR A PET.
    AND THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM,IN MY HEART,FOR ONE MORE,THE LITTLE SCARED TUXEDO FOR4ANGELS,THAT I HAVE GREAT HOPE,FOR.
    WE ARE SORRY,THAT ELFIE,IS HAVING SUCH TROUBLE,WLAKING,AND WE HOPE THAT THIS CAN BE CORRECTED.
    AT LEAST,THE LORD,HAS SENT HER,TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Bless you for caring for these kitties!! Not many people have it in them to deal with the heartache and financial strain of keeping (or even fostering) a kitty with special needs. (I've heard of people who foster that turn down cats because they need special care ) But I think the love they give completely outweighs it all!!

*HUGS* you are really a great person!

Psst Catmandu...I love that pic of the Meezer pile

All I can do is to hope and pray that Elfie is simply learning how to walk without her stump. Hopefully her leg muscle will grow strong and she will master the balance it takes to walk better. After all, she had the stump her whole (young) life, and the surgery was fairly recent.

Whould she benafit from one of those cart things for paralized animals?

I hope that it will just take a little more time for her to adjust. You have the capacity to love all the ones you have now and if you should get more than your heart will grow in order to love them too!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!