Thread: Sirrahsim and Boomer

Threaded View

Sirrahsim and Boomer

So many of you have been so kind to PM and ask about Missy - also responding to her threads - that I thought I would start this new one to update from time to time as it will be easy to find for those who are following her.

As of today - she will get up on her Sunday morning and travel by bus to the Tokyo airport to pick up Carol. Carol is Paul's mom and posts here as persianmom. She had already planned this trip in hopes of seeing Paul for a bit and then staying on to help Missy. Originally it was her vacation - but that was before any of us knew that Paul would get orders. So, she has missed seeing her son but I am so thankful that she decided to take the trip anyway!! But, by now you know that Paul had to leave much earlier and is now safely at his place of deployment. It took nearly a week, but Missy has received his e-mail to assure her he is fine.

Missy had been trying to find a new home for her cat Boomer. First, she was told by the airline there that he had to accompany her on her flight but she had no way to know for sure as each phone call gave her conflicting reports. She has also been scared about Boomer even making that long (28-30 hours total) travel in a small container to be transported from there to here. He is a skittish kitty who has always been an "only cat". But - thanks to many more phone calls - especially from our own Phred...it was determined that Boomer *could* inded be sent as cargo without being on the same flight as Missy. Nobody answered her newspaper ads or posters asking for a new permanent home for boomer in Japan. Also - Missy decided on her own that she did not want to part with this cat who is now very attached to Tyler. Then, about a dozen or more PT folks have chipped in to offset the cost of the shipping which is in excess of $700 Yes, that IS the cost though it sounds outrageous. But it will be worth it when all is said and done.

Boomer will be coming to live here with our family of five cats. We are wondering how he will react to meeting another cat!! We will keep him until Missy and family return to the states for their next assignment when Boomer can then join them again. Plus, Missy will be here with us for the duration that hubby is deployed. They were allowed and so opted to retain their housing in Japan.

Missy and Carol will fly back to the states in about three weeks. My hubby Dennis has not even met his new grandson and Tyler will also meet his cousin Misha! Missy and Tyler will have her folks (I am mom), Paul's mom, her oldest brother and our DIL who is Carol's daughter Chris (chrangharris) - so many family members here to support her and spoil Tyler She and Tyler will be staying here at our house.

That is it for now - I hope you will enjoy the updates as I am sure Missy will also be posting once Carol arrives in Japan. Thank you!!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-03-2005 at 12:12 PM.