Thread: My cat hates my dog

My cat hates my dog

I recently moved back in with my parents, who have a five year old German Shepard/Lab mix female dog. I came with my four year old daughter and my three year old cat Carmella. Fixed and with claws which she is not afraid to use on Loba (the dog). Loba has tried to be friends with her, she has even gone as far as to approach her on her belly, like she did with my daughter when she was a baby, and Carmella will hiss and 'spit' as she swats at her, and she has drawn blood more than once. She has started to come out more often rather than hiding all day, but she will hiss the moment Loba comes in the room and run and hide. I was told by the Humane Society that she was with other dogs, but you never really know how honest people are when they surrender animals. Are there any tips? Will they ever get along? I don't think Loba will give up until Carmella decides to accept her friendship, but she's going to be missing her eyes by the time that happens! Help!

Honestly, I don't think there's much that can help other than just time. Some cats never get used to dogs, others do. My cats weren't crazy about my pup when he came, but they got used to him after a few months, and now, while they don't particularly like him, they tolerate his presence.

Clip her nails often so when she swats at the dog she won't injure her so badly.

You'll get better tips thats all I could think of at the end of your post though!