Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FOUND A DOG - pics soon

aw, what a nice ending ~ or is it?... It does sound like Coco got attached to your family, but seriously what dog wouldn't?! If Gonzo stayed at your house for 2 days and got to play with the Muttlies non-stop and eat Greenies all day, he probably wouldn't want to come home either ^-^ heh, just kiddding

I definitely see where you're coming from. Definitely!! My biggest pet peeve in the world is when you find a lost dog and care for them, and when the owners come they aren't even grateful and the dog doesn't want to go. It just happened to my oldest sister last week, they found a STUNNING white Husky girl roaming on a road outside of their neighborhood where the speed limit is 60 and theres tons of traffic! She did not have a collar or a microchip. After tying her into the front yard and sitting out there for hours waiting, then putting up dozens of signs everywhere, it took her "owners" 5 days to finally decide to look for her .. I went over to their house every day, she and Gonzo played non-stop and loved each other and she loved their daughter and slept inside the house in "her" (Gonzo's) crate. Then, when Nick (DH), was actually getting attached to her and thinking of a name for her (which is freakin amazing, because Nick has only liked 2 dogs he's ever met until now ~ one of which is Gonzo ), a lady called and said "Do you have my dog?".. I answered the phone, because I was babysitting my neice, and I was tempted to say "nooo.. I dunno what you're talking about. Bye." But of course I couldn't. They came over, walked into the backyard and just grabbed her collar (the collar that I bought her!) and left. They had a bratty little girl who chased Gonzo around, then jumped on the poor Husky's back.... they said they were "glad you found her", but no thank-yous. And they knew she had been gone for 3 days, but they said they hadn't "checked on her" the day she was gone. She was sooo sweet and obedient, and they just threw her in the yard 24/7. urghhhhh anyway ~ I'm SORRY for stealing you post to rant, but I really do know how you feel. Its totally shocking that these people don't even care to think about all of the energy and love we put into dogs and how much we care about their well-being.. If Gonzo got lost and some one took him in, I would not only thank them a billion times, I'd pay them a very good reward and ask how I can repay their time.

You most DEFINITELY could've saved Coco's life by taking her in off the streets, rescuing her from a life of GOD-knows-what with any creep that could've taken her. It sounds like she's had a rough life, and she had a lot of happiness with you. Totally remind them that your door is always open to her ~ and that they NEED to chip, license, and keep her inside or in a very secure area when they aren't home to watch her! You do deserve tons of credit for helping Coco out sooo much

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by bckrazy
    Totally remind them that your door is always open to her ~ and that they NEED to chip, license, and keep her inside or in a very secure area when they aren't home to watch her! You do deserve tons of credit for helping Coco out sooo much
    Since you have Monica's email, and she may just appreciate a few tips from a mentor, maybe you could offer to answer any *dog owner questions* she might have. In addition to the above advice, I think it is important that she knows not leave Coco unattended with a training collar on. Had the ring gotten caught on something, it could have been a serious problem.

Congratulations, Kay, on a job well done. I do hope you and Coco will be able to have some contact in the future. Monica could benefit from being able to see someone like you interact with Coco.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Aww Kay this is great news. We will miss her but she does have a loving family that was searching for her. Hopefully, you can keep in touch with Monica and see Coco often. Good job looking after her and helping to find her family.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Monica just e-mailed me back.

She told me they had a 11 year old Rottie that had to be put down for health problems.

She also said that her daughter Marissa would love to have a play date sometime, she loves dogs too.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

That's neat. Of course, you'd take lots of pics, right?

I hope it happens, she seemed to like your gang so much, Kiara
    especially.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kay - what a great result.

AND

Bless you for taking such good care of her, and making the effort.
    Many people would not ..... {{{KAY}}}
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Awww! Awww! This is just the sweetest story ever! i'm in love with lil' CoCo! She's just BEAUTIFUL! Bless your heart, Kay!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I've just seen this thead and thank goodness for happy endings (although she would have made the PERFECT addition to your pack)!
    If you all do have playdates, we expect pictures

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

whew..ah, what a rolling coaster thread!

too bad!!! "sarabi" would have been the 4th mutt we all would love to have.

but dilemma - she's reunited to her home once again. darrn.

I still can't get over with some miracles we get, see..kiara & "sarabi" soooo much ALIKE.. as of now, I still wonder what's the reason why coco came to you - we'll see!

probably playdates? well, we look forward hearing/see!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Yippee!!! What a wonderful ending!!
    You've done a wonderful thing Kay!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Glad everything worked out and that she has a good home afterall

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)